2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

Obama has already created a website that details in writing his agenda for first term. It's the first time I have seen a President do this in this detail and make it so available to the people. This means you can copy it down and hold him accountable in 4 years if you like. No more re-defining simplistic policy such as "Victory", "Stay the Course", "Success", etc

I recommend a read of his agenda.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who think Obama is the anti-christ will have a field day with this. The Illinois day pick 3 lotto numbers on the day after the election (November 5th) were 6-6-6. The evening pick 4 had three consecutive 7s which is God's number. The evening pick was 7-7-7-9 (the 9 being an upside down 6) I guess it could also be interpreted that God triumphed over Satan on election day (Obama's victory). Of course one might say a more simple explaination is that the lotto is actually rigged and they can pull up any numbers they want ;)

It would help if some politicians wouldn't play into this ignorance for votes. The quiet campaign by the GOP, or at least some of their minions, was as strong as ever. He's the anti-christ, he's a muslim, he is part of a terrorist cell -- at no point did anyone higher up really want to quell these rumors other than McCain one night taking the mic from a lady who could barely pronounce 'Arab'. As long as those looked up to as leaders condone this we're a long way from being happily educated in this sense.

I probably deserve that...

I don't like Christianity as much as the rest of you, and with those of you upset with the faith due to the passing of Prop 8 I welcome you into the Society of Freedom From Religion.

My point was that some people naturally just come up with a bunch of insane and crackpot theories and spread them around on their own vessels. Of course the GOP exploits this to full potential, as it's practically the only reason people still vote for them (unfortunately.) I come from a Christian family, backwards for New England, so I know what it's like. Most of you are from the South, so you all know what it's like.

Sen. Stevens gave a farewell speech yesterday, and many of his staff openly wept......

God I've heard it all. People crying over a convicted felon....someone who has betrayed every trust bestowed to him. I guess when Gov. Palin leaves, the Alaskans will boo-hoo over her too. No telling what she has done.

^ Actually I would support full Democratic control in the current economic conditions, with or without Franken and Martin the Democrats in the Senate will probably have 60 votes to avoid minority filibustering with the help of the few moderate Republicans left in the chamber, in particular the two Senators from Maine. The structural advantage is with the Democrats for 2-3 cycles probably at least, simply due to the current economic and political environment. If the Obama Administration is successful, or is successful in the eyes of the electorate, he may well foster in a longe-term Democratic dominance of Congress that out-lives his administration - despite the 2012 re-districting that appears will probably slightly favor the Republicans in the near-term.

Edit: Completed the line where I left out how the Dems would have 60 votes in the chamber if they only reach 58.

A prominent nut case in Georgia has warned against "the radical left wing Obama agenda" as he called for the re election of Saxby Chambliss. Where do they come up with this stuff? :rofl:

***a sidenote: I think we can put to rest Obama being the anti christ. It was reported on yahoo news today that an 18 year old boy in Nepal is supposedly able to meditate for three months without food, water, or sleep. Thousands of people are lining up to be blessed, and many believe he is the reincarnated Buddha. Surely he's the one.......we all knew Obama was too nice to be the anti christ.:)

It looks to me that the Bush administration has lost all credibility. It's as if the White House just folded up two months early. The president in Peru, the economy tanking....who's at the helm?

The country, actually the whole world, is now looking to Obama for leadership. He's been giving press conferences every day, to try to reassure the country. In many ways he already seems to be the president.

I've never witnessed such a collapse of power. This goes way way beyond lame duck.

It looks to me that the Bush administration has lost all credibility. It's as if the White House just folded up two months early. The president in Peru, the economy tanking....who's at the helm?

The country, actually the whole world, is now looking to Obama for leadership. He's been giving press conferences every day, to try to reassure the country. In many ways he already seems to be the president.

I've never witnessed such a collapse of power. This goes way way beyond lame duck.

Gov.Palin alert:

The Republican National Committee has revealed the governor received $30,000 for clothing, above the already reported $150,000. .........for a total of $180,000.

Maybe I'm too poor to understand what a $180,000 wardrobe looks like. Of course women's clothing is expensive these days, but good grief! How many closets would that fill? How long would it take to actually pick out and purchase apparel that add up to 180K?

Archived