Rida Development Corp's Mixed-Use Complex [Under Construction]

MaXxlife

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I really want to like this building. 

I was walking around it yesterday and couldn't quite understand what was really bothering me about it.  As three guys walked by, one said "It looks like a college dormitory".

centralstation_zps5tnfft91.jpg

I really hope the devil is in the details on this one.

I really want to like this building. 

I was walking around it yesterday and couldn't quite understand what was really bothering me about it.  As three guys walked by, one said "It looks like a college dormitory".

I really hope the devil is in the details on this one.

I like the pastel colored square panels. About time something with a little bit of color besides white & grey went up downtown.

The finished product should look better, with trees, landscaping, sidewalk cafes, lighting, etc.  Also, Phase 2 would block this view almost completely. 

I agree. When the renders of the landscaping came out, it improved my view of this project somewhat. That said, I never had an overly strong opinion about this project.

After the crash, if I can look out my window and see hard hats and cranes, I'm happy.

I work in the BoA building. Please please please let there be a decent mix of retail here. Would a Starbucks at this end of Orange be too much to ask? [emoji5]️

Let's hope so. I'd really love to see Lineage open a downtown location but I doubt this would be feasible for them. I'm sure the coffee at the local greasy spoon places is not that great.

Maybe this is where they'll finally put a CVS although I don't think there's enough around to support it yet. What's the retail layout look like? Mostly food service?

^^

It is 100% value engineered.  I totally agree. But like I said before... nothing has been on this tract for like twenty years or more. so, the mere fact that this is currently u/c says a lot for this tract of land.  too bad this didn't have the same evolution as the former Miami Circle lot down there (Icon Brickell). 

Now I'm gonna 'should' all over the place now... This "should" have been, as others once posted, a building ala Skyhouse, not a wood frame 6 story apt building sandwiched between Lynx, BOA, and the OCCthse.  OK, I'm done "shoulding."

That being said, it does fill at least 1/3 of this tract up.  I just hope Phase II and III actually happen.  Personally, I don't think they will within the next 5 years.

This project has already brought new life to a dormant corner as the AT&T/Bellsouth Building across the street will now also be renovated.  If not office, than a "potential 900-unit apartment tower."

http://www.wssallc.com/2013/02/flint-michigan-company-acquires-strategic-downtown-orlando-asset/#prettyPhoto

that's great news.  it's the domino effect scenario.

• 1 month later...

Archived