SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Wonder if RAM's redevelopment of the business park has movement given this tweet..

If I was guessing I would say yes as there is not that much land controlled by one party in Southend or LoSo.  And the Cary files showed a big redevelopment of a town center like project there.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

Is this referring to that gigantic plot of land between Remount and Tremont that previously just had some very low-density housing on it? Which is currently being demolished. It's right adjacent to both South End and Wilmore.

no we are talking about the business park at 77 and Clanton owned by RAM between 77 and S Tryon along Clanton Rd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would this be the plot on the south side of Clanton next to the Circle K that has been going through what I assume is utility work for a couple of months?  I'm not sure if that is what they have been doing here, but for a while it kinda looked like a quarry and there have been a ton of large piping lying around.

Well, if this is a Birkdale Village-looking project, I'm all for it.  Sidebar: Would love to see these "urban villages" anchoring all our core center-city districts in the city and centered around a "public square gathering spot" to give these districts a sense of authentic civic identity/heritage through some sort of a public-private partnership  an incentivization framework. Just a thought.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

The Development numbers actually have it at quite a bit larger and definitely more urban than Birkdale. The site is only 6 acres smaller than Birkdale, and will have FAR LESS surface parking.

In your opinion @CLT Development, which project will be more catalytic or come with the most "delta" so to speak: New Birkdale, or Queens Park Commons by Flywheel in North End?

Edited by RANYC

30 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

The Development numbers actually have it at quite a bit larger and definitely more urban than Birkdale. The site is only 6 acres smaller than Birkdale, and will have FAR LESS surface parking.

Could it be something similar to North Hills in Raleigh?  Maybe like North Hills and Birkdale combined, take the best of both and replicate it here.

• Like 1

I’m seeing a lot of you characterizing this as a suburban development, or at least comparing it to other ones. But based on location and what details CLTDevelopment shared, this seems definitionally urban to me. Am I wrong? That would make it the densest cluster in south end if it was hypothetically finished today 

1 hour ago, MothBeast said:

I’m seeing a lot of you characterizing this as a suburban development, or at least comparing it to other ones. But based on location and what details CLTDevelopment shared, this seems definitionally urban to me. Am I wrong? That would make it the densest cluster in south end if it was hypothetically finished today 

There will be some Suburban New Urbanist aspects to it, but it will indeed be quite urban. There seems to be one surface parking lot, but its for a grocery store.

• Like 1