SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

7 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Cracks in the economic recovery are starting to show.   I wouldn't be stunned to see a recession within the next 18 months.

Unfortunately  there are a few benchmarks pointing to another recession. Look up the bond yield curve and unemployment rates correlation with recessions. 

10 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Unfortunately  there are a few benchmarks pointing to another recession. Look up the bond yield curve and unemployment rates correlation with recessions. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/business/what-is-yield-curve-recession-prediction.html

For more info

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 1:09 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Spoke to someone this morning about this project. Its a few years from starting, that body shop is till in business.

Since you know all, when are the W Tremont townhomes going to start? Seems like that project has been in the works for years

Since you know all, when are the W Tremont townhomes going to start? Seems like that project has been in the works for years

Which ones? There’s three, one on the music hall land, one just across the street from there, and one at Carolina foundry land. 1. Should break ground in fall. 2. In need of major sewer upgrade 3. I dunno, but I’ll email someone in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Prodev said:

2 & 3 have been dead for a while. 

hence the "in need of major sewer upgrade" they pulled their rezoning petition as soon as the news broke. 

On 6/27/2018 at 1:31 PM, KJHburg said:

Renovations at the Design Center of the Carolinas are coming right along.  It reminds me now of a mini American Tobacco campus in Durham.   (had to get my Superica on and it is still good and the service is muy excelente!  and the food muy deliciosa!)   Parking in that area at lunch is crazy as everyone avoids the metered spaces and circles and circles the block looking for a free spot.  (ok I parked 3 blocks away myself LOL) 

makes me wonder if there will soon be a remote parking area with scooters waiting to deliver you to your destination.

• Like 1

Ashley at the Business Journal corrected her article with this note

UPDATE: The project could include up to 200,000 square feet of office in each building.

In terms of US Bank they have office space in 201 South Tryon and Hearst Plaza and I think it is approaching 100K sq ft if not more.  I will have to do my research again.  It  makes sense to consolidate into one building and raise their profile greatly in this city and who knows maybe a branch at ground level.  I have a US Bank issued credit card. 

From a May 10 2018 Business Journal article

""Minneapolis-based U.S. Bank is the seventh-largest bank in the country, boasting 73,000 employees and $462 billion in assets as of Dec. 31. U.S. Bank’s presence has exploded over the last decade in Charlotte, where it now employs almost 800 people. Its hub here is based out of Hearst Tower, a space that executives predict the bank will grow out of in the next several years.""

and this 

""There are probably three main hubs of the corporate and commercial banking in U.S. Bank. There’s our headquarters in Minneapolis, and it would be Charlotte, and it would be New York. We’re very geographically diverse across the country, but those are kind of the main three hubs.""

With Spectrum handling this I would think this needs it own category much like RailYard because this is going to big with the hotel. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

What US Bank rumors?  I see talk of them quietly expanding quite frequently but no real rumors per se.

There was a Fortune 500 company seeking RFQs for a 200k office building in Southend last year. It was suspected that person was US Bank (Fortune #125 I believe)

Edited by Guest

I know there aren't any renderings at this point, but could someone do a photoshop so we can see how these 3 buildings will change the SouthEnd skyline? 

They really won’t change anything. Maybe 150 feet max. In context that’s the height to the tip of the Panthers scoreboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

hence the "in need of major sewer upgrade" they pulled their rezoning petition as soon as the news broke. 

I was referring to number 3. The carolina foundry land. They had gotten approval long before the sewer upgrade news so that's surprising they never got going.