SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

On 5/10/2018 at 12:03 PM, go_vertical said:

The parking lot at 1100 S. Tryon is now closed so I imagine this is gearing up to get started. I'm quite disappointed that this premier intersection will end up with stick built apartments. On a positive note residents will have plenty of entertainment across the street, for whatever that's worth.

Go-V: In the post quoted above, where you referring to this lot? This is 105 W Morehead (or effectively 1000 S Tryon). Looks like all tenants have relocated and utility markings were being done today. There may be one remaining tenant in place. I can check it out tomorrow. This lot is not on the development map, and I am not aware of any announcements with it. However, I think this has been a commuter parking lot for people working in Uptown. If they are closing the parking lot and losing that income, I would assume they are ready to do something, right?

This portion of the block is owned by Honey Properties: http://www.honeys-inc.com/.  They look like a NNN developer, so I would expect a beige fast food joint, vitamin shoppe, or mattress firm...  

20180511_135508.jpg

Edited by pgsinger
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

Go-V: In the post quoted above, where you referring to this lot? This is 105 W Morehead (or effectively 1000 S Tryon). Looks like all tenants have relocated and utility markings were being done today. There may be one remaining tenant in place. I can check it out tomorrow. This lot is not on the development map, and I am not aware of any announcements with it. However, I think this has been a commuter parking lot for people working in Uptown. If they are closing the parking lot and losing that income, I would assume they are ready to do something, right?

This portion of the block is owned by Honey Properties: http://www.honeys-inc.com/.  They look like a NNN developer, so I would expect a beige fast food joint, vitamin shoppe, or mattress firm...  

20180511_135508.jpg

??? Wasn't this going to be bought by Alliance who is building apartments?

Edited by Jayvee

Here is a shot of the parking lot from the W Morehead side and it is indeed blocked off and a surveyor was out there today when I passed by.  Today.   I think @ricky_davis_fan_21 said this was a new apartment complex coming by Alliance.   Morehead and South Tryon and many contractors and workers for uptown parked here. 

IMG_9034.JPG

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is a shot of the parking lot from the W Morehead side and it is indeed blocked off and a surveyor was out there today when I passed by.  Today.   I think @ricky_davis_fan_21 said this was a new apartment complex coming by Alliance.   Morehead and South Tryon and many contractors and workers for uptown parked here. 

IMG_9034.JPG

Yes Alliance Residential, 375 units, 6 floors, some retail facing Morehead and Tryon. I believe the official name is Broadstone at Morehead

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not old, not gorgeous. Can't remember exactly when it was built but it was somewhere around the late 1980s. Not a big loss. I think you are remembering that house with rose colored glasses. It really was nothing special, looked like something built in Piper Glen when it was first developed. The building BESIDE it however, that was a treasure that could have been used for something great.

Yeah that was it, I never really looked at it closely I just assumed it was an older house left over from a long gone neighborhood. Weird that that was built in the 80s...

12 minutes ago, rockhilljames said:

Yeah that was it, I never really looked at it closely I just assumed it was an older house left over from a long gone neighborhood. Weird that that was built in the 80s...

the houses that lived along Tryon in a yesteryear resembled the big victorian on McDowell and Fifth, the larger homes on the Plaza, and the homes left on Park Ave in Southend. Would have been great to keep them.

8 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I'm an avid tailgater. I've been using the lot that the future Gateway Station is planned on to tailgate Panthers games for years. I'm 100% supportive of my tailgating spot being eliminated. 

If we have to sacrifice a spot that we only have 8 opportunities (plus playoff games) a year to hangout at for a couple hours at a time for a more efficient and livable urban fabric, then I say take every lot away. We'll adapt and figure something out. I love the location of our stadium and hope we never have a Dallas, Kansas City, or Patriot-style location with a sea of parking spots.

I'm flying down for the Cowboys game, Urban Planet Tailgate???

from a 2017 Business Journal article about Alliance Residential and this site

""Alliance also has a high-profile site bounded by Winnifred, West Morehead and South Tryon streets — the intersection of uptown, South End, the Gold District and Dilworth, as Santos put it — pegged for another project, though Santos declined to elaborate on details.  “We expect it will be very well received in the market,” he said. “We’re looking at a few opportunities to differentiate ourselves. It’s going to be a really cool project.”   With its urban multifamily deals, Santos said retail and co-working come into play as ground-floor amenities.""

I guess we wait on the "cool" details but coworking space at the ground level would be interesting amenity.  Unless of course someone has the details.....

• Like 3

All I know is Loft 135 by NRP Group, next door, had ruined this area. Maybe this project can salvage it.

Nah, it’s mediocre. I’ve posted site plans and elevations at some point. I’ll track em down. It just has a small amount of retail and looks like everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, pgsinger said:

20180511_135508.jpg

Yes, that is the block I meant. My fault there.

Regardless of how this will end up looking, despite how much retail this may or may not have, six floors is a severe disappointment for this lot. The blocks nearest 277 need more height than this.

Edited by go_vertical
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 4:32 PM, archiham04 said:

so roughly 40% cars behind bars... to they at least face a service alley?  

On 11/7/2017 at 12:19 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Here are Elevations for the New Broadstone Morehead Project on S. Tryon and Morehead. Its not the worst, but certainly not the best. Appears to have some retail along Morehead though.

image.thumb.png.8c13d0e1d92eb7def6632cd5487afcca.png

Messages Image(585887724).png

Messages Image(595497066).png

Messages Image(1020175375).png

Messages Image(246439099).png

Quoting myself to bring the Alliance Elevations back.

2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

^Not bad.  Looks a bit like 1100 South at the corner of Carson & South Blvd.  That place still hasn't leased out all its retail spaces years after opening.  This locale will get more foot traffic given its location.

1100 South has retail space?! Lord you would never know... Shows that cars-behind-bars will make the eyes write-off any other frontage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

^Not bad.  Looks a bit like 1100 South at the corner of Carson & South Blvd.  That place still hasn't leased out all its retail spaces years after opening.  This locale will get more foot traffic given its location.

It doesn't have retail :-(. They just sort of made it look like there is retail, but theres none.

But 1100 South has activity space:

On 1/9/2018 at 2:05 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There are about 3 "active use areas" on the Apartment building at 1100 South Blvd. Thats great and all, but they literally serve NO PURPOSE. And as an added "FU" the buildings are physically labeled "ACTIVE USE AREA" on the outside of the building. 

image.thumb.png.f21e48f485de1bb78d3f4bb114d82880.pngimage.thumb.png.277c25c2e2bd5be084e3cbf61f672cf5.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

I must be the only one who likes planting strips.  The trees once grown will block the views of some of these apartment complexes the looks which no one seems to like  plus I feel safer walking on the sidewalks with a little separation.  This is not NYC we will have trees planted along the streets.  I love it and feel safer walking with the terrible drivers we have in Charlotte.  Charlotte is one of the worst cities for pedestrian deaths in the country.   This particular corner people speed on both roads I cross it a lot. 

no one is complaining about trees, they are complaining about Grass, which I hate too. Tree wells, plant trees in tree wells, please.

Edited by Guest

^^^ I like the  grass there too.   I like the grass there too. 

Or put down some Astroturf around the trees. 

So new retail or coworking space at these new Alliance apartments? that is a disappointment .

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1