SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

32 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Those empty "Active Use Areas" are what I saw when I walked by 1100 South a few weeks back.  What the heck were they meant for if not retail?

they are meant as a "F-U" to us.

3 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

There's no appropriate reaction button, so....

giphy.gif

I actually don't hate the design on these (better than average but grading on a sh*tty architecture curve) but you get a "like" for the Curb reference (from Palestinian Chicken, I believe, one of the best episodes).

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Spectrum has been talking about making "a big splash" somewhere in town, I've been suspecting its this whole block. 

Spectrum is indeed only offering 1-2 year leases on this building which we all know something must be happening with it otherwise they would offer the more standard 5-7 year leases.  Something is afoot on this building site. 

From their listing marketing the space:

Flexible lease term and size in South End. 1-2 year deals ranging from 3,000 - 13,500 SF. Rate and furniture are negotiable. 3/1,000 parking ratio with ~40 spaces available.

• Like 4

Anybody know what’s up with the property at Lexington and South? The green sign I only partially caught in picture says something about it being a short term lease opportunity. Sorry if I am missing the connection to something previously discussed.

cdc3ba9368099097a12afb82f4b836de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New fencing, demo work & dirt moving at [RAM Realty?] site @ Dunavant & Hawkins.

No inside scoop on this one - assuming multi? Think I read a while back White Point controlled and was planning ~350 units here but Polaris indicated otherwise.

3E3AB7B5-BB15-4516-85B5-6E435EEACEBD.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EllAyyDub said:

New fencing, demo work & dirt moving at [RAM Realty?] site @ Dunavant & Hawkins.

No inside scoop on this one - assuming multi? Think I read a while back White Point controlled and was planning ~350 units here but Polaris indicated otherwise.

3E3AB7B5-BB15-4516-85B5-6E435EEACEBD.jpeg

Its a really strange project with Units facing Dunavant and Hawkins with street front retail, but with surface parking out back. Hasn't gotten a lot of press for whatever reason.

CBJ reports that New Bern Station will get a 'not Inizio' concept from the Inizio guy. They also say that Rob Duckworth will have a 6,500 sqft space in the building. They don't say it will be a Duckworth's, but that would honestly be a good addition for lower Southend (I have a soft spot for their Phillys). The combination should form a pretty good anchor for the area.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/05/24/restaurateur-narrows-in-on-south-end-for-new.html

Anybody heard when Marsh will pull the trigger on the remaining old part of Sedgefield SC? It kinda looks like it is emptying out (I think?)

Not sure where to put this, but did everyone else hear about the downed line saga in SouthEnd this morning?  I am sure some of you experienced the downed line blocking South Blvd.  Apparently the first responders initially called Duke. They came out and said the line wasn't theirs.  Spectrum was called next... not their lines either....  Apparently it wasn't until the fourth or fifth company was called that someone claimed the lines.  And is that really their process?  They call one company at a time until someone claims the lines?  As oft discussed on UP, there are so many lines everywhere! The web that covers Charlotte!  :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:  As I was getting to work I think I heard the lines belonged to Verizon.

• Haha 1