Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

59 minutes ago, markhollin said:

I am a full time consultant now---I am incredibly busy some days.  I put a lot of hours in each week voluntarily doing what I can for this forum, but it should not be considered "remaining silent" when something gets past me.  Others (like you who happens to have a paying job following Nashville development news) should pull their weight without demeaning those of us who do this for free. 

Sorry as this was not a swipe at you Mark but rather more of those on the board mostly. Now with you working more the folks now have to realize that you will not be posting as much especially the news items and I will not Post our companies articles not many of our competitions post. We are going rely on the rest of the members to post the news articles on the board.

For those of you with subscriptions to the TN, The Post and the NBJ we are going to rely on you guys to post the articles and probably start the threads more often. I will not post our competition articles for various reasons if I can help it. I am busy as well as I am stepping back and doing much more around my house as well as my brother's home in Alabama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Middle Tennessee State University began construction on a new 90,000-square-foot, three-story engineering building on June 29. The Applied Engineering Building will house the Engineering Technology and Mechatronics Engineering programs and provide space for future engineering programs.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/06/30/deal-dash-mtsu-engineering-building-multifamily.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville campus at 100 White Bridge Rd. will build a 3 story, 33,000 sq. ft. , $22 million addition to it allied health programs.  No groundbreaking date has been set, but a late 2025 completion is planned.  Johnson Johnson Crabtree Architects is overseeing design. Turner Construction will be the contractor.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-cannery-hall-to-open-by-year-s-end/article_eb84499e-2263-11ee-b431-17f11f575c45.html

Tennessee College of Applied Technology Allied Health Building, July 14, 2023, render.png

728914289_TennesseeCollegeofAppliedTechnologyAlliedHealthBuildingJuly142023sitemap.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville campus at 100 White Bridge Rd. will build a 3 story, 33,000 sq. ft. , $22 million addition to it allied health programs.  No groundbreaking date has been set, but a late 2025 completion is planned.  Johnson Johnson Crabtree Architects is overseeing design. Turner Construction will be the contractor.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-cannery-hall-to-open-by-year-s-end/article_eb84499e-2263-11ee-b431-17f11f575c45.html

TCAT Nashville will as well replace its Aviation Maintenance Technology program facilities at John C. Tune for around $12 million.  Also, the above 2025^ completion schedule by JJCA is very aggressive.  The Nashvile projects are only a portion of the TCAT Master Plan fully funded by the governor at nearly $1 billion as appropriated in FY23-24.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, Vanderbilt has created a car (and pedestrian) traffic disaster that it seems to have no idea how to solve. The traffic lights at 24th/Children's and Blakemore have now been disabled and traffic is being directed by officers at every garage exit and intersection. This in turn is also making for dicey conditions for pedestrians as drivers are being directed to go against traffic signs AND lots of sidewalks are closed, beyond those marked below.

Between the Highland Chilled Water Plant construction, Jess Neely pedestrian conversion, and football stadium construction, it is impossible to cross the athletic fields east-west in a vehicle other than on West End or Blakemore. I'm not really sure what they expected to happen when all the Med Center and University cars normally distributing themselves between 24th, 25th, Natchez, and Vanderbilt Pl suddenly only have 24th as an option, and no accommodations have been made to encourage alternate modes of transportation. Things were barely holding on during the summer, but undergrads returning seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Parking garages are backed up to the roof for hours surrounding rush hour, with colleagues saying it has taken them an hour to get out of the garage alone.

image.thumb.png.d240fd5d9b92ca6ceb71131d415b450e.png

(Ignore the green traffic above, it's midnight)

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1