Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Yes.  

Project Contacts:

Joe Frey  PE, Engineering Project Manager, 704-336-5276

Tom Sorrentino  PE, Transportation Project Manager, 704-336-3934

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/epm/Projects/Transportation/Roads/Pages/J%20and%20W%204th%20St%20Ext%20Tuckaseegee.aspx

What does that mean? Are they bums? haha

I haven't been over there in a while.... so please correct me if this is in accurate: I think they still have one more layer of asphalt to pour, and they can't do that until it warms up. They also won't put down the retro-reflective thermoplastic (aka: shiney paint) until after that. Part of the project plan is to signalize the free-flow right turn lane from Trade to JW Way, and usually Duke is involved with the electrical wiring and what not, and they don't operate on anyone's schedule except their own.

Does anyone know why on earth Johnson & Wales Way at Trade hasn't been finished? For months now it's just been waiting on new signaling. It's like the DOT just forgot to finish it.

I guess DOT reads these boards too, because they were out working on the new lights yesterday afternoon.

I've been keeping up the List of tallest buildings in Charlotte section on wiki, and just looking at the Planned section has me SOOO excited. It's amazing how many buildings we got coming our way!! (feel free to correct my heights if I'm off)

1. Tryon Place - approx. 460 ft

2. 300 S Tryon - approx 500 ft

3. Epicentre Hotel - approx 284 ft

4. Portman Office - approx 300 ft.

5. The Bearden - 328 ft 

6. Mint Museum Apartments - approx 460 ft

7. Skyhouse II - 273 ft 

BRING ON THE CRANES

Current high-rises in permitting right now for building permits (different than land use) are:

1. The Bearden (actually has its foundation permits approved)

2. Mint Museum Tower

3. 300 S Tryon (i know they';ve broken ground, but don't have permits yet to begin pouring concrete)

4. Epicentre Hotels (this just happened in the last few days)

5. Springhill Suites

Current mid-rises in permitting:

1. 225 N Cedar (7 story apartment building with the renderings on here recently)

2. Levine 10th St Apartments

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And just for fun, new apartment project showed up today in Accela for meeting request regarding 305 units for Gateway Village on the current surface lot bound by Trade, 5th, Irwin, and Sycamore.  There was a previous plan for the site with maybe 250 units that died.  There is no mention of retail  There's probably not enough density to justify it, but one space right at Trade and Irwin would be nice.

• Like 1

Current high-rises in permitting right now for building permits (different than land use) are:

1. The Bearden (actually has its foundation permits approved)

2. Mint Museum Tower

3. 300 S Tryon (i know they';ve broken ground, but don't have permits yet to begin pouring concrete)

4. Epicentre Hotels (this just happened in the last few days)

5. Springhill Suites

Current mid-rises in permitting:

1. 225 N Cedar (7 story apartment building with the renderings on here recently)

2. Levine 10th St Apartments

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And just for fun, new apartment project showed up today in Accela for meeting request regarding 305 units for Gateway Village on the current surface lot bound by Trade, 5th, Irwin, and Sycamore. There was a previous plan for the site with maybe 250 units that died. There is no mention of retail There's probably not enough density to justify it, but one space right at Trade and Irwin would be nice.

Absolutely amazing with all these projects. And This is probably the ONE location I don't think they should have retail. It's already nearly impossible to fill up gateway as it is (plenty of space in the office portion and post gateway apartments/condos portion). It's unnecessary to add even more empty retail in gateway. Edited by Jayvee

Does anyone know why on earth Johnson & Wales Way at Trade hasn't been finished? For months now it's just been waiting on new signaling. It's like the DOT just forgot to finish it.

I'm not sure what has been finished and what is left to do, but now that the streetcar extension is near approval, I hope they are able to skip some minor things that they know will be torn up in a year.

I'm sure they will just continue as planned, but it is a minor pet peeve of mine to see the city install something permanent just to see it ripped up a year later when a new project comes along. 

post-670-0-56128300-1424382254_thumb.png

Is Accela a public access system? I haven't heard of it.

Yes it is, also the "204 North Tryon Restaurant upfit" and 214 N Tryon "Sea Level Restaurant patio addition and upfit" still have a few tasks left to complete. Maybe Will or Ely can do some further digging to find out what's going on there ;)

Edited by Jayvee

Yes it is, also the 

204 North Tryon Restaurant

upfit

and patio addition seems to have had all its inspections completed as of yesterday. Maybe Will or Ely can do some further digging to find out what's going in there ;)

I'll reach out to Katie Peralta she's the new "What's in Store" girl that replaced Ely after he moved over to development. She's working on getting information about the Fuel Pizza presubmit on Central, and she contacted and received info from the Chupitos people on our behalf. Maybe she can do the same for this spot.