Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

50 minutes ago, egorham said:

Not a particularly good pic, but thought the view of Southend was interesting from the 33rd floor of DEC.

20190711_105913.jpg

Southend is going to be a whole new world when Beacon, Lowes, Portman, Spectrum, & The Hawk. Not to mention there are possible towers behind Tupelo Honey, another possible tower at Design Center, the Strawn Redevelopment, a second spectrum development, maybe a second Cousins development. And Kimley Horne is in exploratory phase at Brooklhill, seriously Southend is on the verge of being a great American urban neighborhood.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Does anybody care to do a mock-up of SouthEnd’s future skyline? 

Let me see how busy work is tomorrow haha.

1 minute ago, EllAyyDub said:

I like this - but I thought there was a lawsuit and the estate settlement of a multi-billionaire to deal with?

Who knows, I just know they are exploring options on behalf of one of the land owners. (land and buildngs are owned by separate entities, which is bananas) 

Edited by Guest

Does anyone know what will ever happen with the parking lots near the Uptown Cabaret? I’m sure it might have been mentioned in this thread or another. But for the sake of just being lazy, I thought I’d ask here, since they stand out on this shot. 

One of those lots could be an incredible curved high rise that leads into Uptown.  Or possibly even a Flat Iron type of building. Either way, I know UC is a cash cow (not that I would actually know anything about that place :tw_kiss:), but didn’t know if they owned the lots, or if they were owned by another entity. 

The other lot of interest are where the Midnight Diner is. Those are primo spots for a gateway that ties Uptown to SE.

Lastly, who owns the lot directly across  from the UC (as you go to the North, before you cross over the bridge)? All of these lots have amazing potential with the right developers.

A2

Edited by A2.

Does anyone know what will ever happen with the parking lots near the Uptown Cabaret? I’m sure it might have been mentioned in this thread or another. But for the sake of just being lazy, I thought I’d ask here, since they stand out on this shot. 
One of those lots could be an incredible curved high rise that leads into Uptown.  Or possibly even a Flat Iron type of building. Either way, I know UC is a cash cow (not that I would actually know anything about that place :tw_kiss:), but didn’t know if they owned the lots, or if they were owned by another entity. 
The other lot of interest are where the Midnight Diner is. Those are primo spots for a gateway that ties Uptown to SE.
Lastly, who owns the lot directly across  from the UC (as you go to the North, before you cross over the bridge)? All of these lots have amazing potential with the right developers.
A2

As I understand it, the land is for sale currently, with the stipulation that the Uptown Cabernet gets lease back rights and remains open at a very competitive rate. Last I saw price was around $28M. I don’t think it’s sold, tho I haven’t seen it actively advertised in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this would be a great time to get all our deep pocket UP peeps in on the investment of a Lifetime! We all pool our resources together, close on the land and have our ceremonial  ground breaking on Jan 1, 2020 for the  UP HQ tower. A  statement tower with kaleidoscope lighting leading into Uptown.  

I will also be requesting a helipad. We could use that for professional and personal reasons. Plus it could dovetail as our new splash into flights over Charlotte for those who want to really see Uptown from all the right angles. 

Maybe if we all just bought some more Bitcoin and open our accounts in two years we might be able to pull this epic project off. 

:tw_glasses:

ps—-I hope Neo is reading. You know he’ll want the corner office at the top. 

A2

7 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Well....one of the lots near U.C. just sold.  The Enterprise Rent-a-car sold to adjacent parking lot owner   Don't know much beyond that, but expect a hotel.

I could dig that. Would love to see a Boutique hotel over a chain. But they might not be able to pull off the money part of the equation.

Edited by A2.
  • Haha 3

So this would be a great time to get all our deep pocket UP peeps in on the investment of a Lifetime! We all pool our resources together, close on the land and have our ceremonial  ground breaking on Jan 1, 2020 for the  UP HQ tower. A  statement tower with kaleidoscope lighting leading into Uptown.  

I will also be requesting a helipad. We could use that for professional and personal reasons. Plus it could dovetail as our new splash into flights over Charlotte for those who want to really see Uptown from all the right angles. 

Maybe if we all just bought some more Bitcoin and open our accounts in two years we might be able to pull this epic project off. 

tw_glasses.png

ps—-I hope Neo is reading. You know he’ll want the corner office at the top. 

A2

I could dig that. Would love to see a Boutique hotel over a chain. But they might not be able to pull off the money part of the equation.

I heard an office developer was tied to that lot. That said the buyer is a hotel operator. But he’s been sketchily shopping that land on LinkedIn for like 2 years.

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I heard an office developer was tied to that lot. That said the buyer is a hotel operator. But he’s been sketchily shopping that land on LinkedIn for like 2 years.

Interesting ......

5 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I would like to see some antelopes grazing in this field to celebrate the release of “The Lion King”. 

18C4A22C-4402-4869-A954-30C0581BD386.jpeg

For some reason when I read this, my mind went back to Toto, and the song Africa. :) 

“I bless the rains down in Africa 
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had (ooh, ooh)”

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1

I would like to see some antelopes grazing in this field to celebrate the release of “The Lion King”. 
18C4A22C-4402-4869-A954-30C0581BD386.thumb.jpeg.40d9f4bac8a81a13a48446e1fe8d8fc5.jpeg

This is my new fave view. Can’t wait to Zoom out so FNB is visible.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Agreed and what a fantastic pic.  Not to gild the lily too much, but I think I've slight improved the view.  Look closely:

Update.png

Should I take this as a dis to LU or a shout out to Ally. Lol.

Either way, it’s UP, so your creative abilities are appreciated. I say we petition for 20 more floors based on this view. 

• Like 4

And yeah, I like the Cure. But we need some culture around here. Static photos of buildings are just that. Static. City lights with music are the best ... dinosaur Jr is awesome. And with a picture of the BofA is even better. I ain't hatin Eddie V. either

Sorry to hijack this thread. My bad. Back to........whatever