Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

On 7/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, A2. said:

So this would be a great time to get all our deep pocket UP peeps in on the investment of a Lifetime! We all pool our resources together, close on the land and have our ceremonial  ground breaking on Jan 1, 2020 for the  UP HQ tower. A  statement tower with kaleidoscope lighting leading into Uptown.  

I will also be requesting a helipad. We could use that for professional and personal reasons. Plus it could dovetail as our new splash into flights over Charlotte for those who want to really see Uptown from all the right angles. 

Maybe if we all just bought some more Bitcoin and open our accounts in two years we might be able to pull this epic project off. 

:tw_glasses:

ps—-I hope Neo is reading. You know he’ll want the corner office at the top. 

A2

Maybe if we could get our hands on a time machine and go back to when we could mine bitcoin easily and then wait to sell high...

2 hours ago, 704Dimitri said:

Happy 70th Birthday WBTV News!

2A9C8259-210A-485E-9B91-74B39C9E2483.jpeg

hard to imagine that the time next year there will be a 23 floor building topping off across the street from BofA Stadium

^Im loving it! As for the picture above, I am now beginning to believe that Charlotte is developing a lot like Minneapolis. I flew in this morning to the Twin cities for work and the two cities have an interesting resemblance to each other from the sky (minus St. Paul and the River). But I could  totally see Charlotte becoming similar in density to that of Minneapolis. 

Southend will probably even look a lot like Downtown Minneapolis, where the city “jumps the Interstate “ (think of that ribbon as being 277).

I personally think the QC has more beautiful buildings than the Twin Cities. (Granted still smaller in scale from total build out, but that will change in time :) )

F56A38E2-B029-4A1B-A46B-BB7EA24CE59C.png

Edited by A2.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, A2. said:

^Im loving it! As for the picture above, I am now beginning to believe that Charlotte is developing a lot like Minneapolis. I flew in this morning to the Twin cities for work and the two cities have a interesting resemblance from the sky (minus St. Paul and the River). But I cold totally see Charlotte becoming similar in density to that of Minneapolis. 

F56A38E2-B029-4A1B-A46B-BB7EA24CE59C.png

Honestly I don't think we are ALL THAT behind them. Throw in a FNB, Lennar, Duke, Spirit Square Buildout, Legacy Union Buildout, Moxy, Homewood Suites, JW Marriott, Intercontinental, 10 Tryon, a new very tall skinny hotel at 11th and Tryon, Convention Hotel, Transit Center + Adjacent lot, Gateway Village, Brooklyn Village and you suddenly have a big big skyline.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Honestly I don't think we are ALL THAT behind them. Throw in a FNB, Lennar, Duke, Spirit Square Buildout, Legacy Union Buildout, Moxy, Homewood Suites, JW Marriott, Intercontinental, 10 Tryon, a new very tall skinny hotel at 11th and Tryon, Convention Hotel, Transit Center + Adjacent lot, Gateway Village, Brooklyn Village and you suddenly have a big big skyline.

I totally agree with you RDF. 

And not to be a braggart, but I think Charlotte’s skyline is prettier :tw_blush:. (Please no hating from any Minneapolis residents/natives for me suggesting a matter of opinion)

A2

Edited by A2.

4 minutes ago, papadog said:

RDF, did I miss something or is this new and under the radar   "a new very tall skinny hotel at 11th and Tryon"?? and what do you consider "very tall"?

Its not new, really. Its been hinted at in the media a few times. I think they are close to getting a flag. 200 rooms there would be around 25 floors I'd say.

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think the only problem with this is timing.  For all these to be built-out / completed you’re talking about the 2025-2030 timeframe.  I think Brooklyn Village, Spirit Square, Convention Hotel and Transit Center are definitely in the 10 year plus timeframe.  Minneapolis would’ve grown larger too by then.  

As a closer goal I’m hoping for Charlotte to soon surpass Jacksonville in Population, so we get some much needed respect as the largest city in the Southeast.  This probably won’t happen until at least 2025 due to Florida’s overall allure bc of climate & location.  

Edited by Hushpuppy321

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I think the only problem with this is timing.  For all these to be built-out / completed you’re talking about the 2025-2030 timeframe.  I think Brooklyn Village, Spirit Square, Convention Hotel and Transit Center are definitely in the 10 year plus timeframe.  Minneapolis would’ve grown larger too by then.  

As a closer goal I’m hoping for Charlotte to soon surpass Jacksonville in Population, so we get some much needed respect as the largest city in the Southeast.  This probably won’t happen until at least 2025 due to Florida’s overall allure bc of climate & location.  

Thats a fair point. Though I think Spirit Square and maybe even the transit center happens faster than you expect.