Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It may be old, but it’s a nice photo.

This is the only reason I don't have any Charlotte Skyline art, I'd have to get an artist to add each building, as its built, which I imagine would get expensive.

Can anyone identify the tree species they've planted along Brevard in that shot?

14 hours ago, Seabrooke said:

Random photo tour from my day, tried to find some spots for you guys that I haven’t seen on here. Photos are from 25th st station, the new food hall being built near parkwood, southend,  and rail trail.

35 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Hey @Seabrooke this is a great shot! So crucial. 

4 hours ago, JoshuaDrown said:

The roof top of Garrison at Graham sure has one stellar view of the skyline. 

157A9C10-56C0-4FFD-8E73-09FE663B8DEF.thumb.jpeg.e7fce96235e84cf63f34b2338d658b90.jpeg

This photo makes me feel very small. Standing at the foot of bohemian last weekend, I marveled at how large it is. Then you see it in this imagine with everything else in context. Then again Bank of America Corporate Center is 145 of me tall.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Throwback Tuesday and skyline shot from the mid 1970s.  As signage is being talked about elsewhere on UP look at the signs in this postcard from my vault.  There is a big NCNB, big ACC (American Commercial Credit) and big Jefferson First Union signage on the buildings.  

FullSizeR (2).jpg

With the exception of probably Austin, has any other city transformed it's skyline  in the last 30 years like Charlotte?  Maybe Miami? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Muggsy01 said:

With the exception of probably Austin, has any other city transformed it's skyline  in the last 30 years like Charlotte?  Maybe Miami? 

In the southeast and south Charlotte is definitely in the top 3 cities with a changed skyline when you start counting buildings.  Austin has had a lot high rise hotels and residential and some office but Charlotte is more office towers. 

• Like 2