SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Madison only has 5 units available.... a jr penthouse (which was sold but just fell through a few weeks ago) and all of the 12th floor penthouses (which im told one will go under contract soon) The rest of the building sold considerably well especially the units in the 400k-500k range... I personally think the issue with the penthouses at The Madison is the fact that they are so large and don't have the amenities normally associated with a project of that scale in addition to the fact that they are all 999k +. I do however think that once 1 goes, others will quickly follow.

I'm told SKYE will have 30 contracts within the next week or so... That's edging up to 50%, which I think is great considering new construction and the fiascos that went down with previous new construction. And you're right in saying the prices get considerably more expensive, the building is atrocious, and will probably see quick sales sooner rather than later..

Anyway... all that to say this... I'm told by everyone I know in the market that inventory is way down and cannot meet current demand. From everything I've seen, I tend to agree. I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard of a new condo development at this point.

Seems that many many people find the building ugly/atrocious, now that the exterior is virtually complete.

For some reason, when I look at it, I see a building that has some upgrades in material, and a fairly utilitarian design, but I do not think it is ugly or atrocious.   Frankly, I respect them for upgrading the materials and color scheme over the standard beige EIFS. 

What do some of the rest of you think?

Yay, Meh, or Ugh?

Seems that many many people find the building ugly/atrocious, now that the exterior is virtually complete.

For some reason, when I look at it, I see a building that has some upgrades in material, and a fairly utilitarian design, but I do not think it is ugly or atrocious.   Frankly, I respect them for upgrading the materials and color scheme over the standard beige EIFS. 

What do some of the rest of you think?

Yay, Meh, or Ugh?

Could someone grab a picture of the front and back for those of us 600 miles away? I can't judgemuch from the side, which looks half decent to me.

Starred it down for a bit while I was hanging out between the ctc and epicentre on Saturday, and I thought it looked nice. However, I think the least appealing thing about it from that viewpoint was how alone it looked.  After some 2nd ward infill takes place, it will look a lot better IMO. Pics from independance with Skye in the forground look pretty good.

Test...worked

1) Go to this page on your iPhone 

• (Incidentally, if you bookmark the Charlotte Forum, it will create an icon on your home screen like an app with the UP logo)

2) In upper right corner, click the window-looking button for the menu and sign in

3) Select "Full Version" button

4) Go to this page and hit reply

5) Click the "Choose File" button

6) Select "Choose Existing" to pick a pic from your iphone photos and select it

7) Click the "Attach This File" button

8) Write something

9) Click "Add Reply" button

Summary: It is literally just doing the same as you would on your laptop, only you just have to make sure you click "Full Version" in your iPhone browser, as the mobile version does not seem to include the Photo upload.

post-670-0-27497800-1371526660_thumb.jpg

You'll have to turn your head sideways.

But here is the angle that I agree is pretty ugly. Wtf did they do with the hotel section windows?! Was that in the original plan?

Looks kinda cool. It's different. It's ugly but that's what makes it a nice addition to our skyline IMO.

You'll have to turn your head sideways.

But here is the angle that I agree is pretty ugly. Wtf did they do with the hotel section windows?! Was that in the original plan?

oof...

2v2.jpg

Definitely got hit by some Vahlew Engineering and a little bit of the ugly stick.   I looked at it all through my meeting and decided I didn't like it, but at least it was interesting looking rather than truly boring like The Park would have.  

I'm usually very harsh on designs, like for example I think the new building going next to Catalyst is not very attractive, but for some reason I don't feel the same way about this building.  I think i actually like it, but maybe it's because of the top they put on it.

I do have to say this is a lot better than the renders saw of what original Park Condos looked like

^ Thanks for posting the pics. I don't think this building is beautiful by any stretch...but it's not terrible either. Let's call this one a win because it could still be exposed steel with plastic sheeting blowing in the wind.

I'm getting a Portland Building vibe from this one, which isn't to say its bad. I feel like if it were all one color it would look better, but we have to remember how long it took to get this one even to this point. And it brings people to Uptown with the hotel rooms and restaurant.

I agree with the general consensus of "meh" but not hating it.

Look - we were just debating in another thread about perceptions of Charlotte city center being bland - a large part of that is the buildings.  Charlotte should be at the place now where it can build a tower that is not necessarily loved or hated and adds density.

Archived