SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where in the Epicentre the sales center is?

My guess is on the 4th Street Side entrance to the Epicentre. There is a little nook retail space there past/diagonally across from Strike City . That's where the Hotel Sierra office was for a while/

Anyone know what the red brick building is to the right in this rendering? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there something else there now? Can't remember if it's a parking lot or an old structure of some kind.

3.jpg

I think that is just a really bad and incorrectly placed rendering of TWC Arena. Similar to the really bad and incorrectly placed rendering of the Duke Energy Center in the background. Check out this perspective from Google Earth:

1221bb7.jpg

Got an email from the McDevitt Group who will be selling the Skye building. Basically just saying final pricing would be coming out in July when the sales center opens.

They've only got 67 units to sell but I'm still amazed that anyone might be putting down a big deposit to sit and wait on a pre-construction unit to be built.

Got an email from the McDevitt Group who will be selling the Skye building. Basically just saying final pricing would be coming out in July when the sales center opens.

They've only got 67 units to sell but I'm still amazed that anyone might be putting down a big deposit to sit and wait on a pre-construction unit to be built.

Especially after what happened at The Vue (and we still don't even know the pricing outcome there).

• 3 months later...

^I don't get uptown as often as I used to since I live in the 'burbs now, but I was there last weekend for the Panthers game (glad we won, but that monsoon in the 2nd qtr sucked). It seemed to me that they have done some work there, more on the interior from what I could see a few blocks away. To the average person that doesn't see the building regularly it looks like they are making progress. I suspect you won't see the exterior change until around the new year sometime. My two cents anyways.

I am staying at Hotel Sierra, which was recently purchased by Hyatt, right now (getting married here in about 10 hours!). An employee here said that since the purchase happened, Hyatt has decided to make the "Park" location a full-service Hyatt. Apparently Hotel Sierra will be rebranded Hyatt House, which will be a new all-suite Hyatt brand one step above Hyatt Place. Probably didn't make sense for Hyatt to have two all-suite hotels 2 blocks away from each other, and Sierra is already built and outfitted for suites. Just a rumor...hopefully it's true.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to keep this sucker updated. Walked around uptown a lot this weekend and noted a lot of movement on the exterior of this building. Lots of additional exterior insulation has been applied along with what appears to be additional construction at the top of the building where the new restaurant and penthouse will be going. I imagine over the next month or two we should begin to see real life walls go up on this beast.

Just wanted to keep this sucker updated. Walked around uptown a lot this weekend and noted a lot of movement on the exterior of this building. Lots of additional exterior insulation has been applied along with what appears to be additional construction at the top of the building where the new restaurant and penthouse will be going. I imagine over the next month or two we should begin to see real life walls go up on this beast.

is this thing really gonna be done by november?????

Archived