Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

I’m sorry, how is BLM a “hate group”?

They beat up innocent people in Charlotte and around the country of other races and destroying property in the name of hate. Surely you were awake at the time and followed news?  The rebel flag, Trump advertisements, or "Don't Tread on Me" flags are simply symbols.

Do you even know  the story behind the Don't Tread on Me flag. It's about the conflict with the British.  One can either ignore things that don't present harm to them, like me and the BLM advertisements, or we can cry and point fingers at those that we hate. I would prefer to ignore.

I am sorry I responded in the first place as there seems to be no common ground on this subject.  I humbly withdraw (probably).  I have "never" see or heard comments threatening LGBTQ in my trips around the country. Although I was in North Africa last month where they would have

been executed. 

20 minutes ago, kayman said:

If you think so.  I grew up in rural and suburban areas and most of the anti-black & racist & anti-LGBTQ nonsense was pushed and pushed on signage & flags in rural areas. 

Black Lives Matter isn't a hate group. That would be Oathkeepers, Proud Boys, KKK, people pushing the notion of critical race theories are taught in elementary and second school curriculum to erase all Black history from textbooks, and people who believe that Trump is a not a racist & bigoted person are the hatemongers.

Wow! People like you really do exist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Wow, how did you learn to drive with your eyes closed?  That's a pretty amazing skill.

You have not driven by hate signs aimed at LGBT or BLM.  How did you learn to lie so poorly. The other items, confederate and Gadstden flags are harmless.  You can enjoy your LGBTG emblems and I can like mine. The difference is that you are physically safe and free to criticize. I am not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Apropos of nothing, if you'd like to ignore a user, you can hover over their name or avatar and select the "ignore" option. I've done this many times and it helps make life a little more enjoyable.

*This is the process from a desktop, I'm not sure how the ignore feature is accessed from a mobile device.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

You lose all credibility for everything you say when you say:

There seems to be a race war going with predominantly one race (the fewer the better). Where are the peace talks?”

There’s no place for those views in our society. And please stop crying. I can’t stand when people play victim. “Oh, I said the fewer black people the better and now people are mean to me for my beliefs - I’m so targeted”. Stfu with that bull. 

You confuse views with reality. Have you turned on the T.V. and watched the 5:00 news lately (last 20 years)?  Where did I once "play victim?" You are a confused, angry person that hates anyone with a different view which would be millions. Go to sleep and dream up more BS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, Larry Singer said:

Stanley is a southern town which accounts for the Rebel flags, practices freedom of expression which verifies the Trump advertisements, patriotic which justifies the "Don't thread on me" flags or whatever.  I have never seen a anti LGBT sign or flag anywhere in the state. I simply ignore hate group signs like "BLM" signs I see near my home.  We can't be selective with our freedoms if no one is harmed.  The meaning of symbols is in the eyes of the beholder. In regardsto rural versus urban, in the urban area people kill and shoot each other routinely and racism is rampant. In the rural area, they co-exist without incident basically. 

Folks just have a way of disappearing in rural areas.  I've lived in both, and right now I've settled on ' in-between'.