Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Interestingly, if I'm reading this correctly, in part B, they are currently rezoning their electronic sign allowance to exceed the maximum of 3,000 sq feet per side.

image.thumb.png.e741956563d0073781c1e07cb545ff84.png

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Interestingly, if I'm reading this correctly, in part B, they are currently rezoning their electronic sign allowance to exceed the maximum of 3,000 sq feet per side.

image.thumb.png.e741956563d0073781c1e07cb545ff84.png

Yeah, that's an interesting way to word those two paragraphs. It sounds to me like they want two video screens of 450 sq ft each and then, separately, up to 3,000 sq ft of wall signage (which I imagine would be non-electronic since it's in a different paragraph). The section of the code they specify just says signage must conform to the code chapter about signage, so I can't quite figure out what specifically they're asking for.

Just now, Madison Parkitect said:

Yeah, that's an interesting way to word those two paragraphs. It sounds to me like they want two video screens of 450 sq ft each and then, separately, up to 3,000 sq ft of wall signage (which I imagine would be non-electronic since it's in a different paragraph). The section of the code they specify just says signage must conform to the code chapter about signage, so I can't quite figure out what specifically they're asking for.

well unfortunately they used very out of date elevations (depicting Tryon Place) which suggests
way bigger spaces

image.thumb.png.3087014aad17462c5e610081fb9eed35.png

14 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Weird, I can't figure out what they're asking for. Contradictory numbers all over the place.

Guess we remain in the dark, unless my email gets answered.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Guess we remain in the dark, unless my email gets answered.

I’m starting to get nervous about this thing now. Change might be good but I worry too large of a sign can have unintended consequences by making the skyline actually appear smaller. See the wework sign fiasco which throws off the scale of background buildings like BOACC from that angle making it appear smaller. 

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

You asked and I snapped (the photos that is)   Today Ally Center and the JW Marriott hotel from all around ground and above.  

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

Oh wow, I didn't realize the Stonewall face wasn't just a flat box, neat. 

45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

You asked and I snapped (the photos that is)   Today Ally Center and the JW Marriott hotel from all around ground and above.  

So on Tuesday around 945A, I was stopped in traffic on Stonewall in front of Ally and there was a white-haired guy in a green pullover with a Nikon taking pics of all this from the entrance to the Gantt parking garage.  That wasn’t you, was it?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, turbocraig said:

So on Tuesday around 945A, I was stopped in traffic on Stonewall in front of Ally and there was a white-haired guy in a green pullover with a Nikon taking pics of all this from the entrance to the Gantt parking garage.  That wasn’t you, was it?

LOL No have a Cannon and was not uptown on Tuesday.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, turbocraig said:

KJ talks like the parking hut is his personal property, but what if he himself is the parking hut, and those are just selfies.