Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The scope/sq footage of the projects might end up being similar. (it should be 75k+ sq feet larger in office, and 100 rooms larger for hotel, and maybe include residential somehow)

To fit all of this on an auto shop parcel I speculate that the floor plates might be smaller, leading to increased height.  Add retail prospects to potential height, and I am excited to see what they have in mind.  Hopefully the design is a bit more inspired than BOAT.  If so, they would balance each other nicely.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

I bet some of you folks were the kids that got to open their Christmas presents before the 25th.  I'm one of the least in the know people on this board, just be patient.  This stuff always fleshes out.

That said, in the mean time, feel free to speculate wildly.  One of my Twitter sources has indicated to me that the delay on Tryon Place is due to the addition of a mammoth tusk clad lobby.  However procurement of such ancient ivory has proven difficult and expensive, due to the abnormally warm winter in Siberia.

Ill report more as I hear it.

It's a luxurious upgrade, but it's widely known that jet fuel can't melt mammoth tusks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I can't decide if that statement is fair or not. The scope/sq footage of the projects might end up being similar. (it should be 75k+ sq feet larger in office, and 100 rooms larger for hotel, and maybe include residential somehow)
However, the biggest difference is Tryon Place will have a lobby 1/10th the size of 300 South Tryon, all of that given away to retail. There will be a very nice amount of retail, hopefully their LOIs are still intact after 3 years. There will be a lot of public space

This will be one of the closest projects to bridging the gap between SouthEnd and Uptown, which is HUGE and transformational.

Looking back, honestly, it was probably shortsighted for us to put so much faith in this project, Crescent's commercial track record was virtually nonexistent in 2014. That said, I for one still have a lot of faith in the project, and I think it'll be a big time step for the South Tryon are. 

Hopefully they were able to stick some residential in there as desired, then It'll truly be as transformative. 4 use mixed use in a fairly small parcel, that used to be a autobody shop, sounds transformative to me.

Yeah, but I'm not very optimistic until further details. I wish Lincoln Harris would reveal their plans so it could help Tryon Place recruit some national tenants. I assume Lincoln Harris site will have lots of retail. It would be great if Tryon place can be a beneficiary of that project. 

3 blocks of retail (the 2 Lincoln Harris blocks & then Tryon Place) would be yuge. It's disappointing the lack of rumors about Simon partnering with Lincoln Harris 

12 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Yeah, but I'm not very optimistic until further details. I wish Lincoln Harris would reveal their plans so it could help Tryon Place recruit some national tenants. I assume Lincoln Harris site will have lots of retail. It would be great if Tryon place can be a beneficiary of that project. 

3 blocks of retail (the 2 Lincoln Harris blocks & then Tryon Place) would be yuge. It's disappointing the lack of rumors about Simon partnering with Lincoln Harris 

I mean technically you have the opportunity for 7-8 blocks of retail all the way to McDowell. Between Brooklyn Village, Tryon Place, Stonewall Station, Home2Suites, Northwood Ravin, Montage and Lincoln Harris there should be nearly 700k of retail. 

That said, personally I'm not all that high on Stonewall. I think Atherton and "The Design District" Might have more upside for the kind of retail in the kind of environment we are looking for. That said, I think once Brooklyn Village is developed, there will be enough critical mass further down stonewall for more retail to be filled, but I'm not sure if much of it can be supported at this time. I think Whole foods, Tryon Place and Lincoln Harris will have no problem, the others I'm questionable about.

Really hate that I missed this deleted post.  Someone DM me!  Please and thanks.

As to the censorship issue, yeah, no one other than the person posting the content should should be entertained when making a removal request.  Of course, general board rules apply as always, and so mods can dispense with a post as appropriate.  Corporate influence is particularly abhorrent (compared, say, to an offended poster objecting to inflammatory content), and should be summarily ignored and publicly rebuked.

But that's just one man's opinion.

Really looking forward to what grows out of this.  This block will be The Square 2.0 within the next 10 years.

It's not a matter of censorship. It's a matter of this board being partially responsible for killing a deal we all want to happen. Things are in motion and then when companies have to go on damage control because of some leaked information, that's not what this board should be about. Discussion, news and community, not hurting that by putting out information that could damage a project and then get pissy when damage control is enacted  

But if you can't comprehend that, that's fine I guess. Is what it is, do we have a dunce cap lying around anywhere? 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

It's not a matter of censorship. It's a matter of this board being partially responsible for killing a deal we all want to happen. Things are in motion and then when companies have to go on damage control because of some leaked information, that's not what this board should be about. Discussion, news and community, not hurting that by putting out information that could damage a project and then get pissy when damage control is enacted  

But if you can't comprehend that, that's fine I guess. Is what it is, do we have a dunce cap lying around anywhere? 

that hurt my head to read

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

For me personally, I would be fine if the original info hadn't been leaked. But, it was. It's out now. What you apparently can't comprehend is it's rediculous to think deleting it will make anyone forget it.

Edit: Jayvees hissy fit further reinforces my suspicion that missmylab was not the one who asked for the post to be deleted.

Edited by jednc

Once again you overestimate both your own and this board's importance. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Killing this deal, Lincoln Harris can swoop in and steal the tenant creating the Duke & US Bank of America Ally Center and build a 1,000 footer and then we'll never have to hear that one poster saying why Charlotte doesn't have 1000 footers like NYC. Win.

thats not going to happen, if anything Lincoln Harris will swoop in and put them in their second building. Charlotte is about 20 blocks of underdeveloped lots, and two under developed neighborhoods from getting a 1,000 footer.

10 minutes ago, Midwoodian said:

This board is way more of a juggernaut that you realize. Theres no other place I can think of that is actively read by dozens of people in leadership positions at Banks, Development companies, and Commercial Real Estate firms. 15 years of killer content has lead them here. While Urban planet is not a credited source in the Media, though it has been, its often times the stepping stone for people looking into things, and putting together stories. 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Midwoodian said:

i don't overestimate either, yuck it is just the worst on here now. 

1 hour ago, alb1no panther said:

that hurt my head to read

lol fair, i was typing that and listening to a meeting at the same time. Point being, this board has more of an effect than people realize and deals are fragile, its not outside the of the realm of possibility that information leaking here, and getting out elsewhere could injure or kill a deal

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

thats not going to happen, if anything Lincoln Harris will swoop in and put them in their second building. Charlotte is about 20 blocks of underdeveloped lots, and two under developed neighborhoods from getting a 1,000 footer.

This board is way more of a juggernaut that you realize. Theres no other place I can think of that is actively read by dozens of people in leadership positions at Banks, Development companies, and Commercial Real Estate firms. 15 years of killer content has lead them here. While Urban planet is not a credited source in the Media, though it has been, its often times the stepping stone for people looking into things, and putting together stories. 

Fair enough, I shouldn't have roped the board into this.  The killer content here is why I read Urban Planet.  That being said, I still stand by my comment regarding Jayvee's sense of self importance.

Edited by Midwoodian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SentioVenia said:

So who asked for the post(s) to be removed?

I did. on behalf of a concerned friend. I should have put more thought into it, it turns out. I stand by it, from a business perspective, but I do agree that nobody should be censored.

The correct info will be out in due time. Really just want the things that are in motion, to stay in motion, for the betterment of the city I love.

Apologies UP

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Midwoodian said:

Fair enough, I shouldn't have roped the board into this.  The killer content here is why I read Urban Plant.  That being said, I still stand by my comment regarding Jayvee's sense of self importance.

it's not a sense... its a knowledge

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2