Tallahassee | Politics

Florida

Whats so scary about Huckabee. He is from the same home town as Bill Clinton (Hope Arkansas). His was governor of Arkansas same as Clinton. Bill Clinton played the sax and Huckabee plays the base guitar.

Hmmm are you afraid the man was once a Baptist Preacher?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who says Clinton didn't scare me too? :)

I mainly dislike Huckabee b/c of his conservative position on several policies and he just doesn't seem like the right man for international policy, however I definitely believe his vocation influences his decisions.

Maybe however Huckabee is the candidate that the Dems want b/c even though he brings in the evangelical and born again crowds, he may chase the moderates over to the Dem side especially since if Obama or Edwards were the nominee.

Do you guys think of the front-runners that Huckabee and Hilary would be the most polarizing and chase votes from both camps to each other's camps?

Hey, slow down. :)

I just asked BHDR that question to understand what his background is. Since he enjoys discussing politics that just helps me understand where he is coming from a little better. Nobody was planning on using it against each other. How and where we were raised like it or not does influence who we are.

On the Iraq issue: We will not leave Iraq. No matter what Obama and Hilliary say. Just look at how the Democract lead congress has back off there campain promises to bring the troops home and get the US out of Iraq. If they are elected we might have a reduced role in Iraq. We will not leave. The largest foreign embassy in the world is being built in Bagdad by the US. Its basically a diplomatic fortress. We have bases now around the country. We are only one step away from full economic and military aliance with Iraq. Iraq will be something similiar to what Germany was after WWII.

Heath Care:

Here is one of the more recent attempts to tear down an opponent. If you can beat some one debating the issues tear them down personaly. There #1 rule.

# 2 rule get some one else to do your dirty work. Then its complete denail if you get caught.

http://blogs.bet.com/news/pamela/2007/12/1...ks-in-politics/

Funny how her husband admitted smoking marijuana and he was ok to be president.

Here is another recent one.

http://www.hillaryproject.com/index.php?/s...e_dirty_tricks/

Rule #3 Go with what ever your opinion polls say. If its popular by the poll numbers vote for it. Then try to get out of it if it goes badly.

Florida - you already made my point. That's perhaps Hillary's greatest flaw in this whole mess, bowing to the Post Sept 11th pressure to blindly support the president and trust that he would make responsible decisions based on sound intelligence.

She viewed the same intelligence data as the president did when she made her vote. Live with it. Don't try to cast blame and get out of it.

She did do that last thing you mentioned. But those other things, she didn't invent. Those are some of the oldest tricks in the book. Similar to one of the Republican candidates who recently made a statement along the lines of, "I'm not sure this is true but they say Mormons...." That was dirty too. I expect to see some dirty things happen and then best friends at the end of all of this, but I'm still waiting on that thing that makes Hillary the witch everyone claims she is. She's just playing the "game" like everyone else, yet it seems for some reason she's criticized while the conduct of the others go ignored.

Tracking Polls seem to indicate Obama has gained quite a bit since Iowa. <_< However, I've not written this thing off for Hillary completely. While I feel she needs to win in NH to regain her footing, a second place finish would diminish Edward's role and possibly get him out of the way... Furthermore, finishing second would also indicate she had regained her momentum after finishing 3rd in Iowa. Now, I've not yet seen a poll that reflects opinion of NH voters since Saturday night's debate, so I'd be interested to see if she was able to win over some undecideds as a result. Only time will tell, but for now, things are looking good for Obama <_< , which really sickens me.

I am a Ron Paul supporter as well. I supported Giuliani until the religous right got to him. My main motive for voting in this election is to make sure Huckabee is not the Republican nominee in Florida.

jpl02, you say you support Ron Paul but if you are a registered independent voter in Florida you can't help nominate him. I would be a registered idependent as well if Florida was not a closed primary system.

Richardson is expected to say he's dropping out today, where will his supporters go? My thoughts say, Hillary, but I'm not sure if that's because I like her as much as I do or because they seemed to share a common following.

GG, if Thompson doesn't pull South Carolina, what will he do? Some are saying this is his last stand. If he withdraws himself, have you chosen a 2nd candidate?

GG must be on a tropical island somewhere soaking up some sun b/c w/all this political talk going on in this thread, I'm sure we would have heard from him by now. I going out on a limb and will say that if his guy Thompson doesn't stay in the race, GG will change his vote to Gomer Huckabee Pyle.

GG must be on a tropical island somewhere soaking up some sun b/c w/all this political talk going on in this thread, I'm sure we would have heard from him by now. I going out on a limb and will say that if his guy Thompson doesn't stay in the race, GG will change his vote to Gomer Huckabee Pyle.

Archived