Tallahassee | Politics

Florida

You've got to be kidding....right?

No sweat GG, thanks for the reply and clarification, that is what I thought. I've been planning on voting against this amendment since I first read about it. I enjoyed your rant, a good rant is always fun to me. Preston Scott? Ugh, I'll just say he should have stuck to sports.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mandatory PIP, or personal-injury protection, coming back Jan 1

Aaron Deslatte

Tallahassee Bureau

11:58 AM EDT, October 5, 2007

TALLAHASSEE

Florida's no-fault auto insurance law will make a comeback next year.

The Florida Legislature passed a reform of the auto insurance mandate today that will limit how much insurers pay for specific medical treatments, but otherwise re-enact the law requiring motorists to purchase $10,000 policies for injuries to themselves and passengers regardless of fault. That requirement had expired Oct. 1.

For drivers, the confusion may continue for awhile.

The reform lawmakers sent to Gov. Charlie Crist Friday doesn't take effect until Jan. 1. Until then, anyone who has personal injury protection insurance included in their auto policy will keep it.

Anyone who doesn't have PIP won't have to buy it until January.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

Howard Dean in Tallahassee Today

Oct 9, 2007 07:41 AM

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean will be in Tallahassee today. He'll be speaking with State Party chairwoman Karen Thurman. That's despite a standoff over Florida's January 29th Presidential preference Primary. Dean will also stop at a private fund raiser while in the Capital City. Some Democrats wonder if Dean can hammer out a deal while he's in town.

I hear ya Poonther. Who is this lady they've got as "Chairman" of the party. She's got some radical ideas. What was wrong with the way things were before. Sure we weren't first, but our deligation was large and significant to the overall count. I'd hate to go without Florida being included, but I'll still vote. I hope this doesn't discourage other democrats from voting also.

I hear ya Poonther. Who is this lady they've got as "Chairman" of the party. She's got some radical ideas. What was wrong with the way things were before. Sure we weren't first, but our deligation was large and significant to the overall count. I'd hate to go without Florida being included, but I'll still vote. I hope this doesn't discourage other democrats from voting also.

This has nothing to do with Chairwoman Thurman. And all the Florida Democratic Lawmakers are crying "We cant control what the Republican dominated legislature does." Really? Then why did a Democrat in the House and a Democrat in the Senate sponsor the bill? Because, the Democrats got their paper trail, and they were willing to sacrifice anything for it.

So dont buy into this "we are the victim" crap. They knew exactly what they were doing and what would happen. Now Florida's Democratic voters are starting to resent the fact that candidates signed a pledge not to campaign here, but can accept contributions here.

The Democrats are losing this all by themselves. You know how it is, with all the Democrats standing in a circle..."Ready...Fire...Aim."

Game, Set, Match, Rubio.

Even though I'm a proud Democrat, seeing Crispy out in Publix would have been a nice experience. If only you had a camera with you for the picture of the day. :) I think he's doing fine because he's not hostage to all of his party's stances on issues. He's an independent thinker and that's what I like most about him. Now, I just need to get him to see how much the state could save if he worked on a few construction projects downtown for me. :ph34r:

Seriously GG, I thought of you yesterday as I was food shopping in the Lake Ella Publix. Guess who walked in to buy a few groceries for himself? Good ole Charlie. He was all over the store buying food and I was glad to see he stood in line to pay like everyone else....although he did get to park in the fire lane. Anyway it's good to see our Gov. do some everyday mundane things in the public arena. As I stood trying to pick out bag-o-salmonella (I mean salad) alone w/the Gov., I thought that would have been the perfect time for you GG to tell him what's been on your mind lately about his politics. :)

I did mind my manners and simply said "Good Evening Governor, nice to see you in here." To which he replied "thanks, I always have a hard time trying to decide what type of salad to buy."

Seriously GG, I thought of you yesterday as I was food shopping in the Lake Ella Publix. Guess who walked in to buy a few groceries for himself? Good ole Charlie. He was all over the store buying food and I was glad to see he stood in line to pay like everyone else....although he did get to park in the fire lane. Anyway it's good to see our Gov. do some everyday mundane things in the public arena. As I stood trying to pick out bag-o-salmonella (I mean salad) alone w/the Gov., I thought that would have been the perfect time for you GG to tell him what's been on your mind lately about his politics. :)

I did mind my manners and simply said "Good Evening Governor, nice to see you in here." To which he replied "thanks, I always have a hard time trying to decide what type of salad to buy."

Did anyone catch our "beloved" Governor on ESPN last night during the game? When asked who he was pulling for, what do you think he said? You guessed it, both FSU and Wake Forest. Unreal. Truly.

Even Chris Kirkpatrick called him out for being a "typical politician." If ESPN doesnt stop putting Crist on TV then Im going to stop watching ESPN.

I missed that part GG. I can't believe the Gov. of FL who spent more time at FSU (where both his degrees come from) than Wake said both. His answer to me is treason! You just wait until I see him next time at Publix.

While I like your threat, we both know ESPN is your drug of choice and you'd need a full scale intervention and years and years of rehab. to get it out of your system. :)

Archived