Tallahassee | Politics

Florida

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good points in your post GG.

I honestly have never heard the term DINO. Is that term pretty much the same as a blue-dog democrat? Unfortunately for me when I hear DINO all I think about is the Flintstones.

Your are right about Charlie's quote to be a JEB! conservative when he was campaigning. I cringed every time I heard it, so I remember it well. From my perspective, I'm glad Charlie didn't fulfill that promise, but from your prospective I can understand why it aggitates you. While Charlie is really a moderate republican, like I stated before and you agreed, he's not a strong governor. You can be a moderate gov. and still be a stronger leader, just look at Arnold.

I also agree w/you about Charlie taking a stand. I mean look, we are both usually on polar opposites of the political spectrum, yet Charlie has done nothing to really please either of us. I'll give him kudos for the going green thing, but that's really old news and nothing innovative since he's just copying ideas from CA and other states out West.

Rubio maybe strong, but he'll never be my answer. :)

As far as the property tax amendment language problem, can't the leg. in special session fix the problem w/the language and still get it on the ballot for 1.29? If there was a problem w/the language (isn't there with all of them?) by refusing this language and making them clean it up, are they not saving us all from tons of law-suits about the bad language form and thus saving the state tons of money in defending itself and having the amendment over-turned? You'll know better on that one than me for sure.

I dont disagree that a moderate is a bad thing. But what was the one line you heard from Charlie over and over again during campaign season? "I'm a Jeb Bush Conservative." What a crock, whether or not you liked Jeb, he was a conservative. Charlie is not, but he pandered to the conservative base to get elected. This wont happen again, he's one and done. Fool me once...

Whether or not Rubio is the answer still remains to be seen, but there is never any doubt on where he stands on an issue. He doesnt wait on public opinion polls to take a position. Crist cannot continue to be everything to everyone. He's eventually going to have to take a stand and upset someone. For example, did anyone's insurance "drop like a rock?"

side note: Glenn, are you lurking around? I know you were a big Crist man as well. Are you feeling the same way I am?

I'm with Poonther on this (surprise). I like that Crist is a moderate. Unlike Jeb, he doesn't make me (as a democrat) feel like there's no one in the State House looking out for my interests. Crispy is a better governor for this reason than Jeb will ever be. . . now if we could just get a few Pork Barrel projects for Tallahassee... :D

I'm with Poonther on this (surprise). I like that Crist is a moderate. Unlike Jeb, he doesn't make me (as a democrat) feel like there's no one in the State House looking out for my interests. Crispy is a better governor for this reason than Jeb will ever be. . . now if we could just get a few Pork Barrel projects for Tallahassee... :D

GG, I've not followed Crispy's polices since he came to office because there hasn't been much controversy. :ermm: But the point is, I FEEL as if there's someone up there that thinks for himself rather than for a political party.

Tallahassee needs her slice of bacon before they go cutting back on us. We've been left out far too long.

I wish while you were on your fierce rant that you would have answered my question above about the property tax amendment. :) Please. You're my "go-to guy" for political questions.

I know you are deep into the whole political happenings, but when you are removed from it like I am, the description of acts you described above just makes it all sound like childish games. And yes I know, both parties act that way and it's nothing new. I think these folks forget they are here to serve US and that they are not part of some privileged monarchy.

You've got to be kidding....right?

No sweat GG, thanks for the reply and clarification, that is what I thought. I've been planning on voting against this amendment since I first read about it. I enjoyed your rant, a good rant is always fun to me. Preston Scott? Ugh, I'll just say he should have stuck to sports.

Archived