>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have known with his incessant politeness and completely unoffensive nature that Patrick Ward had greater political aspirations than parking issues. His parking signs have been replaced by Vote patrick WARD signs..

Good for you sir.. But I think you know my libertarian a$$ isn't voting for you.. ;)

I should have known with his incessant politeness and completely unoffensive nature that Patrick Ward had greater political aspirations than parking issues. His parking signs have been replaced by Vote patrick WARD signs..

Good for you sir.. But I think you know my libertarian a$$ isn't voting for you.. ;)

I believe your a$$ resides on the wrong side of Atwells. So I will not be door knocking at Casa Ank. No big deal, I wasn't courting the slumlord vote anyway. :P

State Rep. District 7

Independent

www.patward2008.org

This website is a work in progress so don't hold back. I would like to get some feedback.

My friend Frank Ferri won his seat by knocking on every door in his district. The Assembly members seem to think their re-election is automatic and seem to be surprised when someone actually campaigns and oh my, wins!

I still think you're crazy.

i've decided that if the primaries still have that little star next to the party-endorsed candidate, i'm voting for the other guy without the star. i don't really care who it is. if the democratic party in this state endorses you, chances are, you've been around too long.

• 2 weeks later...

So a friend of mine has a property on Fed Hill by Broadway.. The Gas Monopoly put a huge ass pole in his driveway.. Like his parking wasn't tight enough (a beautiful paved yard, of course; he's a good slumlord).. Gas Monopoly, you have been warned.. Mess with my any of my parking, and you will be met with the full force of TheAnk.. Come on my property, pay the price.. I will slash your truck tires right in front of your unionized employees.. I'll go to jail and be like Providence's Mumia over this..

I will concede that The WBNA and their inherent hippiness worked in this case, kudos.. Their fight for green space and anti-gas company fall in line with TheAnk's goals of more parking and personal ppty rights, so I approve of their terrorist actions in this case.. :thumbsup:

Photos Sought for WBNA 2009 Calendar and Photo Exhibit

The WBNA (West Broadway Neighborhood Association) invites photographers, both amateur and professional, to submit photographs to be included in their upcoming What Makes Our Neighborhood Great? exhibit. This photo show will take place at the WBNA headquarters at 1560 Westminster Street and will coincide with the City of Providence's charette on the West Broadway neighborhood. Aside from being included in the themed group photo exhibit, several entries will be selected for publication in the 2009 WBNA calendar. The twelve chosen photographs will be published in the well-known and much awaited annual calendar which is distributed all over the state, with a print run of almost 1000.

Photographs should reflect the theme of this years calendar and exhibit: What Makes Our Neighborhood Great and subject matter should be within the West Broadway area. For photos which include peoples faces, the names and contact information of those in the photograph should be included.

The photographs to be included in the calendar will be selected by a panel including local artists and photographers and longtime neighborhood residents.

Details

Submissions are due by September 25 with a limit of 3 submissions per person. The WBNA asks that digital entries (minimum 300 dpi) be sent via e-mail to [email protected], along with a physical print sent to the WBNA. Those submitting non-digital photographs should send an 8x10 print to the WBNA. Non-digital photographers should be ready to supply a negative of their photo if requested.

All submissions should include a brief written statement from the photographer which summarizes the photograph and explains the photographe's point of view of What Makes our Neighborhood Great.

Please mail (or drop off) entries to:

WBNA, Inc.

1560 Westminster Street

Providence, RI 02909

Attn: Photo Contest/Exhibit

Questions??

Contact WBNA by phone at 401.831.9344, or via e-mail at [email protected], subject line: Photo Contest/Exhibit.

• 2 weeks later...

National Neighborhood Day - Sunday, September 21

Free Performance, Free Film, and Fun!

at Dexter Training Ground (the park next to the Armory)

Schedule:

3-5pm B Sharp presents MAHI MAHI

3-7pm Local vendors will be selling their wares

5-7pm $5 Spaghetti dinner - Chef Diane will be cooking your super duper

spaghetti dinner and Red Planet vegetables will provide the salad.

7-9pm Outdoor movie: LADY AND THE TRAMP

Brought to you by:

The City of Providence Department of Art, Culture, and Tourism

West Side Arts

B Sharp Music

WBNA

The City of Providence

• 3 weeks later...

Archived