Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know at the design charette, the architect for the museum, mentioned that there could be a rooftop events and scultupture patio.....I don't know if that is still the plan, but if so, then I assume all amenities for the condos would be at the pool level near the top of the building.

Avenue is 36 stories (did you mean Trademark?). Is it possible that they've changed the mind on the market for the units in the condo tower? Maybe a dozen floors would have larger units, but the rest of the floors have the smaller units.

Furman said he filled Concourse with one bedroom units because that is where much of the demand was, and there was a shortage of those units.

^ Right...I was talking about occupied floors....I was thinking that I had heard the Mint was 6 floors, hence 36 floors of condos at Wachovia.

A woman asked Bertges about affordable units in this tower, and he answered in a very smooth/diplomatic way that these would be very large expensive units. I'm guessing they want to make it easy for thier Investment Bankers to work 18 hour days.

I'm really swinging and missing lately. Sorry guys. I get it now and agree that those must be larger units.

Now agreeing they'll be larger units, I must say that I'm glad. This could really serve to pull in a different demographic that haven't been served by Furman or Novare as much. My hope is that it would pull in more of the 50-somethings that are empty nesters with pre-retirement spending patterns, interested in the arts, good food, having an extra room or two for the kids and grandkids. The towers meet their desire for security, community, walking commutes, lower maintenance, and show of wealth. This also helps uptown compete with the golf communities in Ballantyne that typically pull in the pre-retirement crowd.

Archived