Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

Thanks, Sauce. You've been away too long!

Henry was the first to tell us that the sign had been mounted. The original, reading POPKIN FURNITURE, adorns a wall inside near the rear.

I heard that lines were out the doors of COMFORT, TWENTY SEVEN, TARRANT'S DRUG and POPKIN at December's First Friday Art Crawl.

Does everyone know that Carytown celebrates First Thursday every month?

And Old Town in Petersburg has something like a Second Friday bash. But somebody please double check that one for me.

Edited by burt

Pleasure to have you here! I love your site! You wouldn't believe how many times Ive been to it :)

You go to my site often? Hey, that's a compliment (it's only been up for a couple of months)! I'm glad someone is going there!!!! I'm going through a re-design right now so bare with the little inconsistencies with it. I've gone through a couple of designs, but really like the current one!

Keep coming through! I'm getting ready to put up some nighttime skyline pics with the Christmas lights around the buildings!

By the way, how long have you lived here and do you have any good suggestions of spots to hit for pictures?

Definitely, when I Google Richmond Skyline, some of your pictures would come up :lol:

Ive been here 8 or 9 years now...but unfortunately I'm not too street smart. Originally from Long Island, NY, I think I still know more streets there, than here. Most of the guys on here are, so they'd have better insight. Belle Isle, Church, Jefferson or Libby Hill overlooks, Manchester, Lee, MLK, and James River Bridges are some good vantage points.

Looking forward to see your Christmas album!

Welcome Elonpride! Glad to have another Richmond photo-taker on board.

A vantage point I like is the Floodwall Overlook which is atop the floodwall at the southern end of the Mayo Bridge (Heading south on the bridge, there is parking on the right, immediately after passing the floodwall).

Hey thanks man! I love taking pics out by the floodwall. It's one of my favs!

Wow! Didn't realize Google had so many Ric skyline sites. I'm going to pm you elon to find out which one is yours. :)

Hmmmmm, I'm not allowed to use the "PM" feature. I need to check that out. Well, as I found out earlier, I'm not allowed to post my website in this thread. Hopefully I can do this though. If you do a search on yahoo for Richmond Skyline Pictures, my site should be the first one listed. Email me from the the email address listed to make sure you got there!

Elon, I just looked at your skyline shots and they are excellent. One or two are in fuzzy focus, but I expect that was your artistic intent. In fact, a couple taken up river, perhaps from Lee Bridge, make the river appear as if it were navigable in an area where it is not. I've never seen that in anyone else's pix. Quite interesting!

I'll go back and check out the more pastoral set later when I have more time.

Meanwhile, welcome and thanks.

Elon, I just looked at your skyline shots and they are excellent. One or two are in fuzzy focus, but I expect that was your artistic intent. In fact, a couple taken up river, perhaps from Lee Bridge, make the river appear as if it were navigable in an area where it is not. I've never seen that in anyone else's pix. Quite interesting!

I'll go back and check out the more pastoral set later when I have more time.

Meanwhile, welcome and thanks.

Yeah, I'm thinking about taking the ones with the "intentional soft focus down." My Dad gave me the exact same comment. Thanks for being honest!