Perkins Rowe

richyb83

We avoid PR, it is quickly becoming very trashy. The theater is one of the worst in town, Rave (soon to be AMC) is much better. The only two things we go to PR for is CPK (semi annually), and Texas de Brazil (yearly)

Trashy? I haven't seen any trash since it completed construction. The worst thing I've seen is some kids leaving the theater.

Sometimes a deputy sits in front of the theater.

By trashy this is what I meant.

A) The teens have taken over.

B) It was sold as an upscale area. It started out that way however recent additions such as applebees and voodoo bbq are not even remotely upscale. Nothing agains either establishment, it just isn't what I would have had in mind for an upscale development.

C) The theaters is absolutely horrible. If we do dinner and a movie, the dinner may be at CPK or wherever but the movie is likely at the Rave and never at this crappy theater. It's very unfortunate because their entry way is very nice but once you get in the doors is crap, dirty, dingy. You can tell they don't take care of it.

By trashy this is what I meant.

A) The teens have taken over.

B) It was sold as an upscale area. It started out that way however recent additions such as applebees and voodoo bbq are not even remotely upscale. Nothing agains either establishment, it just isn't what I would have had in mind for an upscale development.

C) The theaters is absolutely horrible. If we do dinner and a movie, the dinner may be at CPK or wherever but the movie is likely at the Rave and never at this crappy theater. It's very unfortunate because their entry way is very nice but once you get in the doors is crap, dirty, dingy. You can tell they don't take care of it.

I guess I don't notice the hoards of teens. It's always a mixed crown when I go.

I don't like Applebees either for this development; however, VooDoo fits, in my opinion.

I haven't taken any of this in while walking through the theatre lobby.

VooDoo is not upscale in any way and doesn't belong. All2neat is right. With the next phase of apartments being built behind Neuromedical I expect them to be on the cheap end. Just a hunch.

I didn't say it was an upscale establishment. Just don't think every restaurant has to have $80 steaks and $50 salads, especially next to a movie theater frequented by teens.

What do you have in mind for that location?

I think Baton Rouge's demand for "upscale" stuff is pretty much filled up. While I know Applebee's wasn't what was originally planned as the type of establishment to open shop there, I think more accessible places like that will help create more traffic and make money, which is really what the owners are mostly worried about.

<itsjustme3>

It's 2 acres.

Anyone know where it is? I first guess is the grass field by Neuro. The spot where a hotel was planned.

GOOD QUESTION! Wondering this myself....wondering if the small vacant green space will ever get that 5-story Hilton Garden Inn with street level retail??

Or could it be on the other(east) side of NeuroMedical Center; that is vacant(part of Phase II)...could it be part of that 20 or so acres; next to the planned 334-unit apt. complex??

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Curious about this "E-urban" design  residential in-fill  development for Perkins Rowe...sure would be nice if it resembled the pic shown below. :shades:

Shreveport developer revises plan for Perkins Rowe apartments

There's a new developer working to bring a proposed apartment complex near Perkins Rowe to fruition, and he has a slightly different vision for how the project should look than the previous, unnamed developer, who is no longer associated with the project. Shreveport-based Vintage Realty has submitted an altered site plan for The Woodlands at Perkins Rowe to the Planning Commission for consideration at its meeting next month. "We're in the early stages of getting this deal done," says David Alexander, managing partner of Vintage Realty, who is in Baton Rouge today working on the project. "I don't know all the details of what happened with the previous developer, but a broker brought this to me and we think it's an exciting project. We have the site under contract now, but we have not purchased it and we've revised the site plan a little bit." Though the size of the complex is remaining as originally envisioned—with 334 total apartments—Alexander says the new plan calls for an "e-Urban" design by Humphreys & Partners Architects of Dallas. Among other space-saving elements, the e-Urban design replaces traditional hotel-style hallways with elevators as the backbone of an apartment building. "It's a very modern urban design, which we think will fit in perfectly at Perkins Rowe," says Alexander, whose firm has apartment holdings throughout Louisiana, including The Village at Fountain Lake in Gonzales. —Steve Sanoski

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessreport.com/section/daily-reportAM#ixzz2Zc9IgS5v

hpa_eurb_uliepc_102008.jpg