Perkins Rowe

richyb83

The rendering looks too Miami for me. It vaguely reminds me of all those ugly, brightly colored condo towers that popped up down on the Florida beaches. Something just doesn't click with that design. 

I say less stucco, more brick. 

Edited by garrett_225

Yeah the colors are loud...but I like the cylinder shapes at each end with the circular metal awnings on top.....

How bout these colors?? And here is some brick

That style is a tired one when it comes to mid-rise apartments. They are plentiful in Houston and while it is better than nothing, it certainly leaves room for improvement.

I like that building, can't say that I've seen one similar to it yet.

Are the apartments that already exist at PR near capacity? Is this a HUD project? Seems risky considering the weak demand for units at PR now.

I was looking forward to the hotel we've been hearing about for a few years now.

Are the apartments that already exist at PR near capacity? Is this a HUD project? Seems risky considering the weak demand for units at PR now.

I was looking forward to the hotel we've been hearing about for a few years now.

Well isn't it a separate developer?

Perkins Rowe is ready for the hotel. A modern design would fit well alongside the Nueromedical Center.

PR is near capacity....on finished units. Last I heard was 85% occupied. However, there is still a entire building (behind Fresh Market) that isn't finished.

You can't beat the location which is why they get away with the ridiculous rates.

Well isn't it a separate developer?

Perkins Rowe is ready for the hotel. A modern design would fit well alongside the Nueromedical Center.

The green space is less than a acre. There's really no room.

That's enough room depending on the market and room for profit with construction costs. It would have to be pretty tall.

There is (if I am remembering correctly) .84 acres of green space. Now subtract street parking and a pull-up for the lobby and parking for trucks and meters. Then add a sidewalk around it. Not a lot of space. If they want to make it tall then you're going to have to add parking spaces somewhere or add to the Neuro garage. It's just not a good space.

A better option may be to build out on the smaller green space between the smoke stack and the Neuro garage and put parking in the green space next to Zoe's. That would kill the two lane road that leads to the garage and this making it a one way.

I should post some designs I stumbled upon on Monday.

There is (if I am remembering correctly) .84 acres of green space. Now subtract street parking and a pull-up for the lobby and parking for trucks and meters. Then add a sidewalk around it. Not a lot of space. If they want to make it tall then you're going to have to add parking spaces somewhere or add to the Neuro garage. It's just not a good space.

A better option may be to build out on the smaller green space between the smoke stack and the Neuro garage and put parking in the green space next to Zoe's. That would kill the two lane road that leads to the garage and this making it a one way.

I should post some designs I stumbled upon on Monday.

Is street parking even necessary here? It wouldn't add a significant amount of spaces to make up for the loss of space. Post them.

• 3 months later...
Shreveport developer buys land at Perkins Rowe for multifamily complex

Shreveport-based Vintage Realty has acquired a 20-acre tract adjacent to Perkins Rowe for $6.5 million and will begin developing its planned 334-unit multifamily complex on the site early next year. Vintage bought the property in a deal that closed earlier today from First State Bank in New Orleans, which was among the original banks in the consortium of lenders on the Perkins Rowe project. The complex will be called Park Rowe Village, a change from its originally planned name, The Woodlands. "The development will tie in through Park Rowe, which is the main road that comes into Perkins Rowe, so we thought this name made more sense," says David Alexander, managing partner of Vintage Realty, which has 11 other residential developments around the state. As first reported by Daily Report in July, Vintage submitted plans with the city-parish featuring an "e-Urban" design and including 164 one-bedroom units, 150 two-bedroom units and 23 three-bedroom units. Among other space-saving elements, the e-Urban design by Humphreys & Partners Architects of Dallas replaces traditional hotel-style hallways with elevators as the backbone of an apartment building. —Stephanie Riegel

Businessreport.com

LOL!  Steve...we posted nearly same time! :lol:  :lol:

Park Rowe Village sounds better than The Woodlands....they needed to stick w the original plan of 4-floors making it uniform with the surrounding Perkins Rowe instead of 3 that was said more recently...the Neuro Medical Center is 6 floors...

Shreveport-based Vintage Realty has acquired a 20-acre tract adjacent to Perkins Rowe for $6.5 million and will begin developing its planned 334-unit multifamily complex on the site early next year. Vintage bought the property in a deal that closed earlier today from First State Bank in New Orleans, which was among the original banks in the consortium of lenders on the Perkins Rowe project. The complex will be called Park Rowe Village, a change from its originally planned name, The Woodlands. "The development will tie in through Park Rowe, which is the main road that comes into Perkins Rowe, so we thought this name made more sense," says David Alexander, managing partner of Vintage Realty, which has 11 other residential developments around the state. As first reported by Daily Report in July, Vintage submitted plans with the city-parish featuring an "e-Urban" design and including 164 one-bedroom units, 150 two-bedroom units and 23 three-bedroom units. Among other space-saving elements, the e-Urban design by Humphreys & Partners Architects of Dallas replaces traditional hotel-style hallways with elevators as the backbone of an apartment building. —Stephanie Riegel

http://www.businessreport.com/article/20131107/BUSINESSREPORT0112/131109841

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

LOL!  Steve...we posted nearly same time! :lol:  :lol:

Park Rowe Village sounds better than The Woodlands....they needed to stick w the original plan of 4-floors making it uniform with the surrounding Perkins Rowe instead of 3 that was said more recently...the Neuro Medical Center is 6 floors...

http://www.businessreport.com/article/20131107/BUSINESSREPORT0112/131109841

I will give you the credit Richy! LOL

• 1 month later...

Wampold buys land in Perkins Rowe from Terry Saban

Nick Saban's wife, Terry, has sold a 1.8-acre tract she owned at Perkins Rowe to developer Mike Wampold, who says the parcel is ideal for a hotel or additional retail development. "This parcel is right up front, between Orvis and The NeuroMedical Center on Park Rowe," Wampold says. "It's the first thing you come to so whatever we put there, the location is triple A." Wampold acquired the parcel for $1.1 million in a deal that closed Thursday. He has been eyeing the site for months and says he was particularly interested in it because it is the last undeveloped parcel in the mixed-use development, with the exception of a tract in the rear that is slated for apartments. While developing a hotel on the site might seem like a no-brainer, Wampold says he has to consider the competition it might bring to his nearby Renaissance hotel across Bluebonnet Boulevard. "I don't want to create competition for myself," he says. "Though that hotel was one reason I was interested in this property—it was something of a defensive play. I didn't want someone else to buy it and put a hotel there." Wampold's acquisition is just the latest in recent developments at Perkins Rowe. As Daily Report reported Thursday, KeyBank recently sold its interest in the project to an investment group, Istrouma Agent Inc.—Stephanie Riegel

http://www.businessreport.com/section/daily-reportAM

Hotel and another retail shop sound bleh. There are going to be a lot of new upscale apartments being built in 2014 in PR so I think its a good opportunity for a pet store or a furniture store. Whatever is destined for that spot is going to be a disaster due to its location. The best scenerio is a doctors building that would be willing to add some floors or expand the Neuro parking garage IMO.

• 2 weeks later...