Football Predictions

BHCav

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is Go Arkansas! I really hate Florida. Could a team be any luckier than them??? They should not even be considered for the BCS Title game. IMO they suck, plus with all the whining that Urban Meyer has been doing, it makes me hate them even more. Arkansas will win.

BTW I am a LSU fan. I would love to see them in the Rose Bowl against Michigan. I think it would be the next best thing to Ohio State or USC. I think that it would be a good gauge at how good they (and the SEC)really are. I think that they are the best team in the SEC despite the 2 loses. They were robbed at Auburn and just turned the ball over too many times to be able to beat Florida. Go Tigers!!!

I think they picked Glendale b/c of the facilities at the new Cardinal stadium is such an upgrade.

BTW, my alma mater, WMU is playing in the International Bowl in Toronto... whoo hoo!

Wake Forest locked their spot on the Orange Bowl.

We sure do, torgo.

If Michigan goes to Glendale, then LSU will play USC in the Rose Bowl, but if Florida goes to Glendale, LSU will most likely play Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl, and USC would play Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Is anyone else tired of the Notre Dame hype? They played two ranked teams all year, and lost to them both by a combined 47 points. And they barely got by a mediocre Michigan State team. However, because of their history and fan base, they still will get a BCS bid. I'm willing to bet that even if Notre Dame had lost to Michigan State, they still would have gotten a BCS bid with a record of 9-3.

Oh how much I can't stand the BCS! <_<

How come people can play championship game's in their own confrence. If they had a championship confrence game for the big ten, then would not have such a disagreement. Also Florida won their confrence, but did Michigan come first in their's?

The SEC will get a crack at the national title!!!!! Florida is on their way to Glendale. It came down to season records, strenght of schedule and the fact the florida won its conference. If Michingan would have been going to Glendale to play a team they have already lost to, there would would have been a BCS strike or something. Go Gators

The SEC will get a crack at the national title!!!!! Florida is on their way to Glendale. It came down to season records, strenght of schedule and the fact the florida won its conference. If Michingan would have been going to Glendale to play a team they have already lost to, there would would have been a BCS strike or something. Go Gators

BCS National Championship

Ohio State vs Florida

Rose Bowl

USC vs Michigan

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Notre Dame

Orange Bowl

Louisville vs Wake Forest

Fiesta Bowl

Boise State vs Oklahoma

Those are the official BCS bowl selections, just released a few minutes ago.

I agree with you guys, I don't think a team that can't win it's own conference should have a shot at the Natl Championship. I also want to see some Big 10 teams play outside their conference to see just how good they are. I get the impression many people don't think Florida can't handle Ohio State and it will be a blowout but I think it's going to be a much closer game than that. I'm not trying to say Ohio State isn't a good team but who have they played outside their own conference? Texas didn't end up being a huge win, Texas didn't even go to their own conference championship.

I think that Ohio State will beat Florida. Maybe not a blowout, but it won't be a nail-biter either like it was last year.

Hardly any of those top teams play anyone outside their conference. Michigan had Ball St, CMU, Vanderbilt and ND. Ohio St had N. Ill, Tex, Cincinatti, and Bowling Green. Florida had S Miss, UCF and W Carolina. The problem is that outside Mich, Ohio St and Wisconsin, the Big-10 sucked this year, whereas the SEC has a lot of good teams.

I agree that ND doesn't belong in a BCS game. Their best win was against Ga Tech back in week 1, but that was only 14-10. But NCB is right, ND is hugely popular and sells a lot of tickets, so we'll get to watch them get dismantled by LSU for what will seem like their 100th straight bowl-game loss.

USC-Michigan is a classic Rose Bowl matchup. USC had better bring their A-game. If they play as crappy as they did this past weekend they are in for a world of trouble.

...Is anyone else tired of the Notre Dame hype? They played two ranked teams all year, and lost to them both by a combined 47 points. And they barely got by a mediocre Michigan State team. However, because of their history and fan base, they still will get a BCS bid. I'm willing to bet that even if Notre Dame had lost to Michigan State, they still would have gotten a BCS bid with a record of 9-3.

Oh how much I can't stand the BCS! <_<

I think I'm the only Domer here on the boards and I agree they shouldn't be a BCS team this year, however, its the BCS's own stupid rules that get them into the games, especially this year. I mean, look at Wisconsin, they got the short stick in the draw, and if they didn't have the 3 team per conference rule, Wiscy is in and ND is out.

However, I hope that LSU VS ND is not a blowout. Im hoping for something like the '91 Sugar Bowl where they were underdogs against a top notch Florida team where they pulled out the upset.

Torgo, its been 7 straight bowl losses, but it has felt like a 100.

My predictions...

OSU 34 - Florida 17

ND 35 - LSU 31, I have to pick ND, Im biased to the end.

WK 20 - L'Ville 17

UM 24 - USC 20

OU 31 - BSU 10

I can't wait for the bowl season to begin!

I don't think Notre Dame's defense can even come close to controlling LSU's speed and power on offense. ND's offense is good, but LSU's defense is #1 in the country. It will come down to who scores more,(obviously) and there's just no way Notre Dame scores more than LSU, IMO.

Archived