Football Predictions

BHCav

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your commentary torgo :thumbsup: You bring up some good points. I still say set-up a Final 4; however the 5th ranked team would be upset they were left-out.

The major flaw the SEC has is the home cooking from the replay officials and refs, it's ridiculous at times. Something needs to be done; but the SEC Commissioners are too proud and turn the other way.

torgo, What's your prediction on the USC-Notre Dame game?

The LSU-Arkansas game in Little Rock Friday is now a "Pick-em".*However I am concerned; LSU's leading tackler Beckwith was injured in the Alabama game. He was still not practicing as of yesterday..he is a big-time difference maker who will be needed vs. Arkansas prolific running game.

Florida scheduling Western Carolina this late in the season was a brain-fart.

I like your commentary torgo :thumbsup: You bring up some good points. I still say set-up a Final 4; however the 5th ranked team would be upset they were left-out.

The major flaw the SEC has is the home cooking from the replay officials and refs, it's ridiculous at times. Something needs to be done; but the SEC Commissioners are too proud and turn the other way.

torgo, What's your prediction on the USC-Notre Dame game?

The LSU-Arkansas game in Little Rock Friday is now a "Pick-em".*However I am concerned; LSU's leading tackler Beckwith was injured in the Alabama game. He was still not practicing as of yesterday..he is a big-time difference maker who will be needed vs. Arkansas prolific running game.

Florida scheduling Western Carolina this late in the season was a brain-fart.

Definately a very intetesting day in college football already! :thumbsup:

BCS rankings going into this week:

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. USC

4. Florida

5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

7. West Virginia

8. Wisconsin

9. Louisville

10. LSU

green- won

red-lost

blue- play today

gold- season over

And after that huge beatdown by USC, the final BCS team results board looks like this:

BCS rankings going into this week:

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. USC

4. Florida

5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

7. West Virginia

8. Wisconsin

9. Louisville

10. LSU

green- won

red-lost

gold- season over

Well, USC looked pretty sharp against ND and won handily. I think they'll move up to #2 in the BCS today.

And what was up with the Arkansas play calling on that last drive? 1st and 10, and they go for all the marbles four plays in a row. That seemed silly to me.

I know it's not going to happen, but after watching USC last night, I would love to see them play LSU. I think that would be an awesome matchup for quite a few reasons.

1. Many people still want to see them play each other after that whole 2003 "shared title" thing.

2. USC: one of the best recievering corps in the nation. LSU: one of the best pass defenses in the country

3. LSU: one of the best recievering corps in the nation. USC: one of the best pass defenses in the country :lol:

4. USC: one of the top offenses in the nation. LSU: one of the top 3 defenses in the nation

5. LSU: one of the top offenses in the nation. USC: one of the top defenses in the nation

I just see alot of similarities between the two teams; very good recievers, pretty strong running games, quarterbacks that make mistakes, but still manage and win the game, very good defensive backfields, with LSU and USC both having some of the top defensive players in the nation.

Again, I know it won't happen, but that would be an awesome matchup, IMO.

Question. If a team is in the top 4, they are guaranteed a BCS bowl correct?

All that takes is a Florida loss and Wisconsin can make the jump to that spot with Arkansas, ND, and WVU losing this past weekend. However, the BCS also says 3 teams from a conference can't make it to BCS bowls. So what wins out? To be honest, if Wisconsin is 5th/4th it doesnt make a lick of sense to exclude them.

Anyway, USC had too much for ND. I think ND is a couple years away from truly being a contending power.

Looks like it will be USC vs OSU for the national championship, I will be excited for this matchup. How many title games is this for Pete Carroll since he's been at USC?

Question. If a team is in the top 4, they are guaranteed a BCS bowl correct?

All that takes is a Florida loss and Wisconsin can make the jump to that spot with Arkansas, ND, and WVU losing this past weekend. However, the BCS also says 3 teams from a conference can't make it to BCS bowls. So what wins out? To be honest, if Wisconsin is 5th/4th it doesnt make a lick of sense to exclude them.

Anyway, USC had too much for ND. I think ND is a couple years away from truly being a contending power.

Looks like it will be USC vs OSU for the national championship, I will be excited for this matchup. How many title games is this for Pete Carroll since he's been at USC?

The new BCS rankings are in!

BCS Rankings

1. Ohio State

2. USC

3. Michigan

4. Florida

5. LSU

6. Louisville

7. Wisconsin

8. Boise State

9. Arkansas

10. Notre Dame

My LSU Tigers jumped up 5 spots after that big win over Arkansas, and I'm very happy about that. Right now, it looks like LSU has a good chance of making it to the Rose Bowl, a bowl in which it has never played.

Another great weekend of college football coming up. Too bad the season is almost over :cry:

My picks:

(2)USC over UCLA

(8)Arkansas over (4)Florida

(15)West Virginia over (13)Rutgers

(8)Oklahoma over (19)Nebraska

(16)Wake Forest over (23)Georgia Tech

I really think that all of those games could go either way, except USC/UCLA. I fully expect the Trojans to easily take care of UCLA...they are not a team to get caught "looking ahead", especially against their biggest rival (besides ND).

I really hope Arkansas can pull it out against Florida and go to the Sugar Bowl.

Last weekend was a hard one to be a razorback fan. Two mintues to go on the last drive and you run 4 passing plays when your qb has only completed 3 in the game for 29 yards. It was horrible, our rushing game was amazing but yet our head coach is an idiot who thought we should throw the ball. McFadden had more passing yards than casey dick in the LSU game.

What I dont get is why they didnt pull Casey Dick out at halftime. Arkansas has a great freshman on the bench by the name of Mitch Mustain who is 8-0 as a starter but is second string. Mitch has a stronger arm and knows the spread offense better than anyone on the team but yet he was still told to sit down when he clearly should have gone in.

Thats my rant for the day, kudos to USC for dominating ND. But I hope Ohio State rips them apart just because Im not a very big Trojan fan.

Archived