WNBA Team is Coming to Rogers!!!!!

KJW

Pleasant Crossing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be right off the Interstate, I can't believe this. I feel so sorry for Bentonville, they could have used this so bad. It's got to be a bad day for the Bentonville Mayor. Also, I hate to do this, but I have to merge the topics. Sorry KJW.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasant Crossing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be right off the Interstate, I can't believe this. I feel so sorry for Bentonville, they could have used this so bad. It's got to be a bad day for the Bentonville Mayor. Also, I hate to do this, but I have to merge the topics. Sorry KJW.

Mayor Coberly was at the press conference and the city of Bentonville is still very supportive of this project for Benton County. There were some concerns with the location on Hwy. 12 from the very beginning. This is a serious project. The arena will open by Sept. 15, 2008.

So it sounds like it's going in the location of the mythical Pleasant Crossing Lifestyle Center (south of Wal-Mart). Makes sense, since that was so speculative and ultimately couldn't compete with Promenade. Developers probably knew that too.

Which is probably why it's not going into someplace like SW of Pleasant Grove interchange, which would've given them direct frontage and access to I-540. In this proposed location, it's going to have I-540 frontage... but be placed behind a Wal-Mart and a strip shopping center.

Location, however, makes more sense than Hwy 12 in Bentonville. Bentonville couldn't convince AHTD or Congress to provide funding to widen Hwy 12. Once the developers realized that, I bet, they knew they had to look at a better location.

So it sounds like it's going in the location of the mythical Pleasant Crossing Lifestyle Center (south of Wal-Mart). Makes sense, since that was so speculative and ultimately couldn't compete with Promenade. Developers probably knew that too.

Which is probably why it's not going into someplace like SW of Pleasant Grove interchange, which would've given them direct frontage and access to I-540. In this proposed location, it's going to have I-540 frontage... but be placed behind a Wal-Mart and a strip shopping center.

Location, however, makes more sense than Hwy 12 in Bentonville. Bentonville couldn't convince AHTD or Congress to provide funding to widen Hwy 12. Once the developers realized that, I bet, they knew they had to look at a better location.

NBDL would be a much better league to be a part of.

You would get the same type of rivalry Springdale will have with the LR travelers.

Tulsa also has an NBDL team.

I don't want to sound sexist, but women sports aren't as exciting. It's an anatomical fact... That's why I'd see an NBDL team pulling in more fans than WNBA.

Wow, that area around Pleasant Grove and going on towards Lowell further South could be a great downtown area or entertainment district for the entire region. How cool would that be? I want to see 20 to 30 story high rises or some midrises. Its all Flat anyways. I understand why Fayetteville doesn't want to do that because of the beauty of the area. That land around lowell is all pastures. The Pinnacle area connected all the way to the Lowell area will be one huge urban area. How exciting!

Wow, that area around Pleasant Grove and going on towards Lowell further South could be a great downtown area or entertainment district for the entire region. How cool would that be? I want to see 20 to 30 story high rises or some midrises. Its all Flat anyways. I understand why Fayetteville doesn't want to do that because of the beauty of the area. That land around lowell is all pastures. The Pinnacle area connected all the way to the Lowell area will be one huge urban area. How exciting!

Couple of things from today's paper:

1. They've got an "Arkansas Diamonds" logo rendering. Not bad but I think it will evolve. The rendering's in the Rogers/Bentonville Morning News.

2. The fact that this is the "Arkansas..." team (as we suspected) still makes me wonder how far they're going to try and market this, i.e. Little Rock?

Archived