Granby Tower

utcltjay

Ground breaking occured May 9th. The site has sat vacant since though the developer claimed that major construction would begin by the end of this month. Now word is the first week of June. Lets hope they don't push that back too.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone posted a while back that they may have embellished their numbers a little. Maybe this is hesitation on their side because they don't really have the numbers to occupy this development as they first believed. That's what it seems like at this point.

and if it falls through, do you think someone would make a run for the location? Or will the Federal Court take it?

I think someone posted a while back that they may have embellished their numbers a little. Maybe this is hesitation on their side because they don't really have the numbers to occupy this development as they first believed. That's what it seems like at this point.

and if it falls through, do you think someone would make a run for the location? Or will the Federal Court take it?

I can't agree with that. Most of these people put money down eons ago because they honestly believed the thing would be built. How were they to know that Gadams would play the shell game that he has? Every other condo project in the area has been built once they got to the site preparation phase, including the Westin. Going by that track record it was logical to assume that Granby would most likely be built since they had made it to the site preparation phase as well. This week being the end of May/beginning of June (1st week), some very significant activity better get going for me to keep my faith in the project (or regain it :lol:).

Had I put money down on one of these units or sign a contract, I would be pissed. I have never been in that situation until I brought my home a year ago and it was not complete. This is different because they were actually in the process of finishing/building my home. Wouldn't the contract state when the unit would be ready for occupancy so that they can make the necessary preparations?

Anyday now. They're waiting for the piling company they have contracted to pull off from ODU (I guess the company went ahead with their ODU work while waiting on Marathon but should be finishing up). I'm currently in the process of running down more info so I can hopefully get in touch with this company and get an exact date. Supposedly the delay is not due to financing but due to them waiting on the piles.

Anyday now. They're waiting for the piling company they have contracted to pull off from ODU (I guess the company went ahead with their ODU work while waiting on Marathon but should be finishing up). I'm currently in the process of running down more info so I can hopefully get in touch with this company and get an exact date. Supposedly the delay is not due to financing but due to them waiting on the piles.

That's excellent news and actually makes some sense. With the number of delays this project has had, finding your contractors free to start work for you can be a problem. After all, they go by schedules and only have so many people and so much equipment. Normally you have a set date months in advance, so hopefully this will be the last delay.

How do the pile driving constests work? I bet I will be able to hear the noise @ home, I could set up a microphone hooked to a computer to perhaps count the bangs.

I have a great... SHOT at the AT&T building (My favorite building downtown).

HEH!

Need a more powerful laser...:

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/w0rd.jpg

"w0rd"

Well I have one that would do it, but it requires like 100 amps of power, which isn't availible (especially 3 phase) in my apartment :-)

How do the pile driving constests work? I bet I will be able to hear the noise @ home, I could set up a microphone hooked to a computer to perhaps count the bangs.

HEH!

"w0rd"

Well I have one that would do it, but it requires like 100 amps of power, which isn't availible (especially 3 phase) in my apartment :-)

They usually wait about a week or so after the driving has started and then give Intermittent updates of how many piles have been driven in a single week. It gives people a basis to go off of. They also let you know how many have to be driven. Based on that info you're supposed to guess the day the last pile will be driven.

HEH!

"w0rd"

So now we're probably looking at July at the earliest if ever. I'm sick of this thing. Throw in the towel already and let someone else develop the lot. The endless games and misinformation is getting quite tiresome.

The simple fact of the matter is if they can't get financed with a $22 million gurantee backing them up then they can't get financed period. Gadams better not try and go back to the city and ask for more money either, I would in no way support that. Better to have no tower at all for a while, and give the land to a qualified developer, than to hand out more money to one who has yet to be completely honest.

Archived