Granby Tower

utcltjay

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stopped in the other day to talk with them at the pavillion. They indicated that pile driving would start the first week of June. They seemed pretty sure, but there was still some hesitancy. I think they the real estate folks want to see this thing built as strongly as we want to see it built. Here's hoping!

In a celebratory move, sure to inspire thousands in the Hampton Roads region, it is decided that actual construction will begin 1,776 days from the upcoming July 4 festivities. Renamed the Virginia Cicada tower, it will sprout from the ground fully grown about 8 years from conception. What a buzz it will make.

In a celebratory move, sure to inspire thousands in the Hampton Roads region, it is decided that actual construction will begin 1,776 days from the upcoming July 4 festivities. Renamed the Virginia Cicada tower, it will sprout from the ground fully grown about 8 years from conception. What a buzz it will make.

Hey look, a dead horse :shades:

This is beyond ridiculous, Marathon just enjoys wasting any good sentiment or publicity they get. The groundbreaking would have been a great launching point for the start of this project (after all, it is the groundbreaking) but they got press, news coverage, the whole 9, and have now wasted three more weeks of great weather, good publicity, and the doubts become raised again. They'll build the damn thing, i just wish they'd stop screwing around and start, there is literally no reason to delay this project; holidays, financing, federal government, they've exhausted their excuses, because they've used them all. Just start friggin building!

btw, they have yet to cover or fill the trench, it's covered in concrete but the sheet piles are still exposed and the trench is still open, nor has any site preparation for piles started.

Hey look, a dead horse :shades:

This is beyond ridiculous, Marathon just enjoys wasting any good sentiment or publicity they get. The groundbreaking would have been a great launching point for the start of this project (after all, it is the groundbreaking) but they got press, news coverage, the whole 9, and have now wasted three more weeks of great weather, good publicity, and the doubts become raised again. They'll build the damn thing, i just wish they'd stop screwing around and start, there is literally no reason to delay this project; holidays, financing, federal government, they've exhausted their excuses, because they've used them all. Just start friggin building!

btw, they have yet to cover or fill the trench, it's covered in concrete but the sheet piles are still exposed and the trench is still open, nor has any site preparation for piles started.

I'm losing a lot of good will for this project. I definitely want it to be still be built, but how many times do we have to go through this process? I can't imagine how the people who put money down for the condos feel. They have got to be livid.

Archived