CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how no one complained about 400 North Main or 155 Riverplace which have the same design, height, and features as this building. Just saying.

Those buildings also weren't originally supposed to be a luxury hotel and spa, with an underground parking building, urban design, sleek exterior, dramatic roofline, etc.

Those buildings also weren't originally supposed to be a luxury hotel and spa, with an underground parking building, urban design, sleek exterior, dramatic roofline, etc.

Fair enough. We know better next time not to listen to somebody who was never a developer in the first place. Mark Kent was and is nothing but a CEO of a textile company. Thankfully he's not even involved with this project anymore which might be why something finally got built on site. Reminds me of Bob Ellis and the Pinnacle on Main.  :sick: "Two weeks." :lol:

Fair enough. We know better next time not to listen to somebody who was never a developer in the first place. Mark Kent was and is nothing but a CEO of a textile company. Thankfully he's not even involved with this project anymore which might be why something finally got built on site. Reminds me of Bob Ellis and the Pinnacle on Main.  :sick: "Two weeks." :lol:

The white van has been spotted at the Pinnacle on Main site. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

That website makes Greenville seems like some small town backwater or something. Who would want to come and live here with a description like that? Very poorly done in my honest opinion! 

I don't see what's wrong with it and it is pretty accurate. It's why I like Greenville and chose to stay after school.

That website makes Greenville seems like some small town backwater or something. Who would want to come and live here with a description like that? Very poorly done in my honest opinion!

Agreed. Tacky website. But then, it is pretty much what you should expect from a development like this. So sad to see Downtown Greenville allow a development like this.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW just WOW!!!!!  What an incredible building!!!!  Fantastic!  Such a great addition to downtown!!  Greenville is ahead of the pack on the up and coming edgy / trendy Sleep Inn style architectural movement.   QUITE IMPRESSIVE!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

WOW just WOW!!!!!  What an incredible building!!!!  Fantastic!  Such a great addition to downtown!!  Greenville is ahead of the pack on the up and coming edgy / trendy Sleep Inn style architectural movement.   QUITE IMPRESSIVE!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

LMAO at "Sleep Inn style architecture."  Ha ha!  :rofl:

Seems kind of silly to complain about something that is already built. You all should have emailed the DRB or attended the meeting for approval of this building if you didn't like the design instead of complaining on this forum. Just a thought.

Seems kind of silly to complain about something that is already built. You all should have emailed the DRB or attended the meeting for approval of this building if you didn't like the design instead of complaining on this forum. Just a thought.

Seeing as how we had no part in the decision to build this eyesore, we certainly have the right to complain all we want to.  Just a thought.

Archived