Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Great photos PHofKS, thanks for the update. Elliston Place and Demonbreun ivo Music Circle are really on the cusp. I really hope that the human-scale and history of Music Row aren't lost to a bunch of cookie cutter development ala...so much of Nashville's urban fabric. The loss of historic and just well-built traditional old buildings wouldn't be so bad if they were replaced by contemporary well-built and well designed architecture, but as we all know what's usually built is cheapo, chintzy, contempo crappo (?), built to flip ASAP at a profit. Too bad. Anyway, I really think that Nashville can absorb all the residential in the works and more, and could really benefit from more sub-market rate, workforce housing sprinkled throughout the historic center as well. The hotels and whatnot are nice, and overdue, but I'm less excited about them unless they contain a substantial retail/restaurant/bar component (There's nothing better than a nice hotel lobby and bar). And of course, Vandy and Belmont continue to due fantastic things; their campuses are adding so much to the atmosphere and aesthetics of Nashville, definitely classing up the joint, so to speak. 

Edited by Nashvillain
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the pics PH.  Rolling Mill Hill is looking very nice!

I'm really digging the views of downtown, especially the parabolic bridge and riverfront park.  I think Nashville's skyline is approaching "iconic", as in recognizable at a glance.  And that's a very good thing. Even if you guys don't get height, it is spreading out and getting lots of mass. 

Travis Kelty's "proposal" notwithstanding, I expect the Division connector between the Gulch and RMH will make that whole area between them explode with growth.  

Edited by MLBrumby

A little bit of a different perspective today;

Rolling Mill Hill

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ansp5zg7gln30d/2014-06-06%2010.56.33.jpg

Downtown (from down river)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaubi4s16xtlooa/2014-06-06%2010.21.44.jpg

CMA fest on Riverfront

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voztrodc8tu0avu/2014-06-06%2010.40.59.jpg

I'll try to get more next time.In case those links don't work, here are the thumbnails:

post-8371-0-64030500-1402084661_thumb.jppost-8371-0-64030500-1402084661_thumb.jp

post-8371-0-25947300-1402084682_thumb.jp

post-8371-0-79910300-1402084702_thumb.jp

Edit; FWIW, the picture sharing process on this website sucks.

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 1