South Carolina College Sports

jfl25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson has had a great day today in terms of football recruitments and especially tonight's basketball game against Duke. :D

Clemson absolutely DOMINATED Duke tonight! Hopefully FSU doesn't result in a trap game this Saturday. It's always great to see a team from NC go down (what a great night for Wake and Duke to lose by embarrassing margins). GO TIGERS! ;)

Clemson absolutely DOMINATED Duke tonight! Hopefully FSU doesn't result in a trap game this Saturday. It's always great to see a team from NC go down (what a great night for Wake and Duke to lose by embarrassing margins). GO TIGERS! ;)
Florida State will be a very tough matchup for the Tigers. The fact that the game will be played in Tallahassee should give the Seminoles the advantage. On the other hand, Clemson has the better coaching, so we will just have to wait and see.

GREAT performance against Duke! Two top ten ACC teams lost by 27 points last night. Could this combination of events boost Clemson's ranking in the polls even higher next week? I say it is very likely, if they take care of business against FSU.

If Clemson can manhandle Florida State the same way, then they should jump up quite a few spots in the rankings. If they lose I think they'll stay around the same rank.

I'm also excited about Carolina's excellent recruiting class. Its too bad we have to wait until August...

Florida State will be a very tough matchup for the Tigers. The fact that the game will be played in Tallahassee should give the Seminoles the advantage. On the other hand, Clemson has the better coaching, so we will just have to wait and see.

GREAT performance against Duke! Two top ten ACC teams lost by 27 points last night. Could this combination of events boost Clemson's ranking in the polls even higher next week? I say it is very likely, if they take care of business against FSU.

This saturday's game will be in Littlejohn, actually. It's been sold out for some time now... ;)

This saturday's game will be in Littlejohn, actually. It's been sold out for some time now... ;)
You're right, I knew that yesterday! :blush: Guess I was thinking ahead. That game in Tallahassee will be a very tough one. Hopefully the Tigers will take care of business at home this weekend. :good:

As a gamecock, I take my hat off to clemson, that was total domination against duke! I am also encouraged by the intensity and confidence that Horn has brought to the USC basketball team. They may not make the tournament this year, but there is unquestionable improvement. I was a fan of the previous coach, but not so much of his style of play. The future looks bright in basketball for both schools.

Yesterday was a perfect day for any Gamecock fan: beautiful Carolina weather, a solid defeat of SEC rival Georgia in front of a sold-out crowd, and a loss by the highly ranked Tigers to an unranked Florida State. To that end, Florida State is a good team this season... they've been overlooked, and possibly overshadowed by the current ACC powers.

Most interestingly to me, is that after yesterday, both Clemson and Carolina find themselves in the exact same position at #4 in their respective conference standings.

Such is life in the ACC men's basketball conference. :thumbsup: I had a bad feeling about the matchup prior to the game. FSU matches up much better with Clemson than Duke does this year. A win in Tallahassee will be a very tall order. Heck, wins in Boston, Atlanta, and Winston-Salem will be very tall orders as well. The Tigers will at least pose a serious threat in every remaining game and that makes it all worth while. No other college sports intra-conference experience can replace the ACC men's basketball season, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gamecocks won yesterday at baseball 3-1 over the Tigers. Today's game has been cancelled due to 'nasty weather'.

Next season, the schools will have to shrink their schedules, forcing the matchup to only hold 3 games. One game will be played at each home site, with a third at a neutral field. The schools are working on details currently to have that game at Greenville's Fluor Field. It will be a great atmosphere and venue for the game. The Drive organization should really consider ways to pack as many people inside as possible.

Article

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL 12-2 For all the earlier crowing, the two teams ended up splitting the 2009 season series and the Tigers appear poised to make more noise in the post season. Of course, it is a bit early to get too excited.

Yeah, and Clemson deserves it as I think they are the better team this year. In fact, I don't see USC making the post-season this year, they just don't have enough. This is probably the worst USC team this decade. SC really hasn't had very good teams since their 3 year run to the NCAAs. Last year they had big, but very streaky bats, with no pitching, and this year they just don't have enough of either.

• 3 weeks later...

Carolina is FINALLY back in the top 25 (on Rivals). The post-season is looking more promising now.

More importantly, however, Clemson and Carolina have agreed to play a game at Flour Field in Greenville. I think this is a great idea. I know we've talked about it in the past here on UP, so its great to see this idea become reality.

Greenville News

Archived