NWA Weather

There is a pretty good shot at some rain and storms for NWA and NEOK this morning and afternoon. Currently there is a line of storms moving into Tulsa and they are heading east slowly. If they hold together they should make it into NWA closer to lunchtime. Does not look like severe weather will be much of a concern once again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There could be some interesting weather overnight tonight. Strong and severe storms are going to be possible for most of the area. A dryline has moved into central OK and a cold front will begin to push in from KS later this evening. Some supercells will be possible along the dryline in central and eastern OK with tornadoes, large hail, and strong winds. Then over night the cells may come together and form a squall line. Severe weather could become more widespread with straight line winds becoming the main concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like we've been in a bit of an odd weather pattern for this time of the year. While it's not too uncommon to have a cloudy wet weather like this in early June it's odd to see it hanging around this late into the later half of June. I'm not complaining though. I'd just as soon hold the 90's off a little while longer.

Seems like we've been in a bit of an odd weather pattern for this time of the year. While it's not too uncommon to have a cloudy wet weather like this in early June it's odd to see it hanging around this late into the later half of June. I'm not complaining though. I'd just as soon hold the 90's off a little while longer.

A pattern very similar to this happened back in 2004. That summer we never made it above 93 degrees and we only hit 90+ a handful of times (fayetteville - Drake Feild). I don't think that summer 2007 will be this nice but we can hope. The main difference for 3 years ago was that NWA was getting hit by tons of rain. We picked up 10+ inches in april in some locations and it continued very wet until August. This year it seems to be raining often but not as much in NWA. In Tulsa I have picked up around 9 inches so far in June and it looks like there is more to come this week.

I love the rain but it is starting to slow down some of my construction projects!

• 2 weeks later...

There's been some big record heatwave out west. 100's even all the way up to Montana. I'm worried this is eventually head our way. Especially since it sounds like this low pressure system could start moving away from us, or at least those of us in Arkansas.

If it stops raining and this 80% humidity goes away, I don't care. 100 degrees with 10% humidity sounds kind of refreshing.

Yeah but when are we going to ever have a dry heat? :lol: The humidity might drop a bit but it's still going to be pretty humid the rest of the summer. I know most people are tired of the rain but I think I'd still pick the weather pattern we've had recently over the typical summer weather we tend to have. Upper 80's is hot enough for me. :D

Today wasn't bad, high 80's and humidity in the 30% range. And a breeze. I vote to keep it like this for the rest of the summer.

Yeah I can't complain too much about today. Although I admit I can always take cooler temps. I think winds were coming out of the northeast today. I believe tomorrow they start coming out of the south/southwest again. Which of course means more humidity.

Yeah I can't complain too much about today. Although I admit I can always take cooler temps. I think winds were coming out of the northeast today. I believe tomorrow they start coming out of the south/southwest again. Which of course means more humidity.

We are going to get really close to 90 over the next few days. I am hoping that we don't hit it. We have not gotten above 89 so far this summer. Then, on Tuesday we are going to be getting into a NW flow. This will bring more rain and cooler temps t othe area. Summer is my least favorite season, I just can not handle hot, sunny weather. Bring on Winter! :D

We are going to get really close to 90 over the next few days. I am hoping that we don't hit it. We have not gotten above 89 so far this summer. Then, on Tuesday we are going to be getting into a NW flow. This will bring more rain and cooler temps t othe area. Summer is my least favorite season, I just can not handle hot, sunny weather. Bring on Winter! :D

Yeah my taste in weather seems to be much like yours. I'm not a big fan of summer either. Although I do enjoy fall so I'm not ready to run into winter just yet. :D But I really do wish upper 80's was as hot as it got here. Although to be honest I'd probably be happier with just 70's. :lol:

Our abnormal weather pattern seems to be back. Seems like it's been wetter this summer than it was during the spring. It's also weird that we still haven't officially hit 90 here in Fayetteville. At least two days so far this July with highs in the 70's and still no 90's. Who would have ever though that?

Too much rain. Somehow we have all been transported to Cambodia...Charlie...I see Charlie in the woods. Quick, get to the LZ!

Yeah but actually we're still under our average total for the year. It was really dry earlier this year. And our rain has been much more manageable compared to some of our other neighboring states. If it keeps temps down, I'm ready to take some more rain. :D

Looks like parts of Benton County hit 90 today. But clouds and rain helped cool down Fayetteville, so we didn't get that warm. But it looks like we could finally hit 90 in the next several days.

I hope not! It is just a matter of time before it happens though. Drake Field and XNA were very close again today. Both hit around 88 or 89. A system might make it into the area at the end of the week and weekend. Give us some cooler temps and a greater chance of rain.

I hope not! It is just a matter of time before it happens though. Drake Field and XNA were very close again today. Both hit around 88 or 89. A system might make it into the area at the end of the week and weekend. Give us some cooler temps and a greater chance of rain.

I really thought we were going to hit it today. It seemed pretty warm earlier in the afternoon but we eventually had some clouds pop up. But we'll still have a couple more chances before that cool front later this week.

Unless it seriously warms up in the next hour it looks like Fayetteville missed hitting 90 again. Looks like some clouds popped up and kept temps from getting a little higher as expected. I hate to keep going on about this but I guess I'm just really surprised that we've gone this far into summer without hitting 90. Looks like it will be half a week or so before we start getting close to possibly breaking it. Seems like one summer in the past few years we had a summer a bit like this. Overall it was certainly a rather 'cool' summer. Although I seem to recall hitting a pretty warm period late July or sometime in August. So we could be setting up for that type of situation again.

Unless it seriously warms up in the next hour it looks like Fayetteville missed hitting 90 again. Looks like some clouds popped up and kept temps from getting a little higher as expected. I hate to keep going on about this but I guess I'm just really surprised that we've gone this far into summer without hitting 90. Looks like it will be half a week or so before we start getting close to possibly breaking it. Seems like one summer in the past few years we had a summer a bit like this. Overall it was certainly a rather 'cool' summer. Although I seem to recall hitting a pretty warm period late July or sometime in August. So we could be setting up for that type of situation again.

Well, the long range forecast for August has the central portion of the US highlighted for being wetter than normal and cooler than normal. I was extremely happy went I saw this yesterday. I don't think that we will make it the whole summer without hitting 90 but hopefully we can make it with out getting anywhere near 100. By the way, Fayetteville is still around 3 inches below average for rainfall so far this year.

Archived