PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

It's on!!! The developers of VDT have officially made their petition to ZBR. The meeting is April 8th @ 5:30PM at City Hall - 5th floor, Probate Court Room.

TALON REALTY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP AND THE PROVIDENCE HOUSING AUTHORITY, PROPERTY OWNERS AND TALON REALTY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, APPLICANT: 21 & 32 Federal Street at Bradford Street. The applicant is requesting relief from Sections 305, 305.1(10), 418, 420.2 and 425, a dimensional variance, and seeks relief from regulations governing maximum height, minimum lot area per dwelling unit, building lines and articulations and corner setback in order to construct a new building measuring 250 feet in height on the Tax Assessor

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi-

I'm doing a story on VDT for Off the Beat, BSR (Brown Student & Community Radio)'s news show. If anyone here would be willing to speak to me about what they think about the project, let me know. Sometime before Friday would be best, but let me know regardless. The interview would be recorded, and then parts of it aired during the story.

You can send me a message on here, or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks.

I'm hearing the hearing has been postponed, my operatives are looking for further confirmation.

When I went to get a copy of the variance application from the ZBR, there was no updated rendering or site plan for the project. We'll see how it's changed tomorrow night.

No, i don't think so. The deal is that it was already noticed, and now it is continued, so technically it was never withdrawn. I think it MIGHT have to go on the agenda again which is "noticed" in the way that the agenda is posted, but that they don't have to send out letters to abutters. I could be wrong. They might not even have to put it on the agenda. They might be able to just vote to hear it...Someone from ZBR will have to confirm or deny

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to the City and took photos of the revised plans and elevations submitted for the variance (since I couldn't keep the plans flat, many of the images look warped).

Additional information:

• 174 condos ranging in size from 1,010 sf to 2,378 sf

• Underground parking garage = 345 spaces

• Surface parking = 24 spaces

renderinggz2.jpg

siteplanej0.jpg

siteplangarageav3.jpg

view1pr9.jpg

view2hd2.jpg

view3sr2.jpg

Archived