PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

It's baaack!

On July 22, 2008, the Board continued the following matter to September 10, 2008 for hearing:

TALON REALTY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP AND THE PROVIDENCE HOUSING AUTHORITY, PROPERTY OWNERS AND TALON REALTY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, APPLICANT: 21 & 32 Federal Street at Bradford Street. The applicant is requesting relief from Sections 305, 305.1(10), 418, 420.2 and 425, a dimensional variance, and seeks relief from regulations governing maximum height, minimum lot area per dwelling unit, building lines and articulations and corner setback in order to construct a new building measuring 250 feet in height on the Tax Assessor

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks quente. Unanimous approval for a project that is being built in an transitional area of development (as defined by the new comp plan) in which the vision for this area is mandated by the comp plan to be decided by the neighborhood planning process. A ZBR approved variance is not part of this process. Extremely disappointing to say the least.

I was there. The developer spoke from around 6pm till around 8pm. Then opposing statements were heard. I left around 9:30, but I think it went well past 11.

I stated for the record, as did others, that an ad-hoc variance should not be granted for a project of this magnitude until such time as the charrette process has been completed.

Even after hearing so many people speak both for and against the project, there is still so much about it that I don't understand.

i'm not overly surprised. it's really sad when a mayor who runs and wins on an anti-corruption platform, claiming to end the back room deals, is allowing all this crap to go on in the city. why bother carrying on with the song and dance that is the charettes?

When something so universally reviled is passed unanimously, you cannot help but smell a rat. There was another federal hill project that smelled like this one... Belmont Castello...calls to the zbr members, the zbr chair being wined and dined by the developer...Whatever. La plus ca change....same meat, different gravy.

I was there. The developer spoke from around 6pm till around 8pm. Then opposing statements were heard. I left around 9:30, but I think it went well past 11.

I stated for the record, as did others, that an ad-hoc variance should not be granted for a project of this magnitude until such time as the charrette process has been completed.

Even after hearing so many people speak both for and against the project, there is still so much about it that I don't understand.

Archived