PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

i think the point i was making is that the chance of this building making it to reality at that scale seems extremely low judging from past examples. think about the building once proposed on the site near the service road next to white electric which never materialized and the condos being built now on atwells which downsized from approx 10 stories to 3. and the one once proposed for the end of atwells near lili marlenes. the majority of the community will oppose it and want it downsized, even if it is on the service road facing the interstate. and if residential buildings that tall proposed downtown (aka one ten) are having difficulty getting off the ground, what is the economic likelihood that this one will work.

i am not necessarily opposed to this project, just skeptical. and i def do not see the "vista della torre" to be in any way in the same league as international icons in top tier cities like the empire state building and the eiffel tower.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While there are a lot of us here at UP who support height, I think this project -- as the impulsive misterchlo might have seen, had he/she taken the time to read a little of the backlog of opinion in this thread before stereotyping ... I mean, posting -- is proof enough that there's very little support in Providence of height for height's sake. But give us a good urban base, and you can build your tower as tall as you want, I say.

I once had a dream that the entire city of Cranston had been transformed into a vast medical complex. I-95 dove through it like a Robert Moses fantasy. This project, though, absolutely blew me away. It's emotional, I know, but the thought of this monster coming to rest like an alien spacecraft on Federal Hill is mind-boggling. I have to feel a lot of sympathy with everyone who suggested this building belonged in the financial district. :blink:

• 1 month later...

The folks from Vista della Torre are on the City Council agenda tomorrow night (9/20) at 7:00 PM to request an underground easement to for a parking garage:

16. Petition from Anthony J. Bucci, Jr., Esquire, 155 South Main Street, Suite 405, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, requesting a permanent, perpetual right, privilege and subterranean easement to allow the owner to locate a portion of the proposed condominium parking garage in the ground below Bradford Street.

My initial reaction is that its too early to give away easements on a project that's being reworked and may never come to fruition. Given the project's recent history, I'm not sure if there's an ulterior motive here . . . any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

thats why I feel like the dealth of the residential portion of 110 can only incrase the liklihood of this happening. I've heard there is a re-work of the design to not impact city streets, etc. and knowing who the owner is, I'm sure he will follow through on this project. He has major real estate and financial experience (and lots of money).

thats why I feel like the dealth of the residential portion of 110 can only incrase the liklihood of this happening. I've heard there is a re-work of the design to not impact city streets, etc. and knowing who the owner is, I'm sure he will follow through on this project. He has major real estate and financial experience (and lots of money).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived