COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

If you take pictures from Prospect Park, on the right of Roger, you get a lot of the westin, and it already looks like a huge building, so when Westin II is added I think it might look like the biggest building in providence from that side of Prospect Park, but at the same time, if you are on the left of Roger, you can't even see the westin.

The Westin doesn't look that big from either area...

In fact, it may be blocked by the future Waterplace towers entirely, which will look huge there

Look how big the relatively small Citizen's looks from Prospect Park in my panorama:

ppan27ik.jpg

110 will be prominent here as well. Public Safety will extend the impression of the skyline rightward (if it isn't blocked), but not change it...

- Garris

Addendum: I was actually wrong... Public Safety will not be blocked by Waterplace from this view, but will, if anything, peek out above Citizen's from here... This is all going to be very interesting...

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't the Big 3, aka the new Big 4, basically be the Big 3 again since Kennedy Place will look small around the other 3, and won't stick out as much. I still feel Westin looks big, it just looks far away, but when you have the Westin II, and then if they build up the hilton it will look like another "downcity section with other skyscrappers, and idk, they just appear to be big to me. Plus from that angle, it towers over G-Tech and the mall, which gives it more depth. I think you would get the same feeling if you took pictures from the parking garage roof of providence place.

btw, what aperture are you using in that photo, cause there is no noise at all its really nice.

Now that the rumor has been announced, let us begin to spectulate as to the name of the complex and who the tenants will be. Since The Dunk is 1 LaSalle Sq, I say we call this one 1 LaSalle Plaza. The Blue Cross building opposite it is 15 LaSalle Sq. Speaking of Blue Cross, I say that they are the major tenant.

Someone earlier hinted that we might see one tower instead of the twins...

That was me...I am impressed that TPG continues to be a major proponent of going taller instead of bigger footprints. Even if the tower is 320-340 ft. they will be inclined to add height (even artificial like a spire) to contribute to the "power block" and the city skyline.

Great news.

Now that the rumor has been announced

Your welcome.

Now that the rumor has been announced, let us begin to spectulate as to the name of the complex and who the tenants will be. Since The Dunk is 1 LaSalle Sq, I say we call this one 1 LaSalle Plaza. The Blue Cross building opposite it is 15 LaSalle Sq. Speaking of Blue Cross, I say that they are the major tenant.

Good guess.

I suspect like people are moving back to the cities from the suburbs for the urban living experience, we may start to see the same with large office tenants that in the last decade or two have preferred the cushy out of the way locales of places like say, Woonsocket.

I suspect like people are moving back to the cities from the suburbs for the urban living experience, we may start to see the same with large office tenants that in the last decade or two have preferred the cushy out of the way locales of places like say, Woonsocket.

There's a few big companies up that way, CVS being the biggest completed a large expansion on their facilities like 5-10 years ago i think, but even all their space there doesnt equate to a giant office tower i think.

Amica and Fidelity have large amount of office space in multiple low-rise buildings, though those too are all rather new.

Met Life is another large company outside of Providence, but ive never seen their facilities

Citizens has people everywhere form what I hear, I have several relatives who work for them and they have offices all over the place. My aunt was even commuting to Westwood mass for a while. Hopefully they will see the need for a consolidated facility.

The Westin doesn't look that big from either area...

In fact, it may be blocked by the future Waterplace towers entirely, which will look huge there

Look how big the relatively small Citizen's looks from Prospect Park in my panorama:

ppan27ik.jpg

110 will be prominent here as well. Public Safety will extend the impression of the skyline rightward (if it isn't blocked), but not change it...

- Garris

Addendum: I was actually wrong... Public Safety will not be blocked by Waterplace from this view, but will, if anything, peek out above Citizen's from here... This is all going to be very interesting...

I don't know if Westin II will be hidden by the Waterplace towers. They should sit to its right in this view, blocking Gtech, and likely overlapping Westin I to some extent. However, I agree that Westin II won't rival the "Big 4" from that angle. It'll probably look about the same size as Textron. It will nicely fill that dark gap between Westin I and Citizen's, though it may hide the Hilton addition.

Also, I disagree that 110 will be prominent from this precise angle. If you picture its position relative to the Turk's Head, I think it will be mostly, or even entirely, hidden by One Financial Plaza. Shifting to the south should open up the view of 110, but then you're losing the Superman Building at the same time.

In my opinion, the greatest change to the skyline from this angle will be Waterplace. They will indeed look huge. They still won't rival the Big 4, but they will give the Capitol Center skyline much more weight, especially if the Phase II towers are constructed.

If you take pictures from Prospect Park, on the right of Roger, you get a lot of the westin, and it already looks like a huge building, so when Westin II is added I think it might look like the biggest building in providence from that side of Prospect Park, but at the same time, if you are on the left of Roger, you can't even see the westin.

who understands perspective in here? i always thought it was a very simple concept, but maybe i assume too much...

How does the GSA building get a listing on the building height rank? I thought this was something we just discussed on here as more or less heresay???

It's slightly more than heresay, they seem pretty intent on coming here, and there was a height given with the original post about it.

As part of the sales a development agreement will be signed that requires the developer to submit plans for approval within the next six months for a 480,000 square foot office building which will include 550+/- parking spaces and 25,000 to 50,000 square feet of ground floor retail space.

Oh well, it's Tuesday and still no announcement. :( If the city required the developer to contruct a 480,000 sq ft building then they must of had a specific business or organization in mind. And I know of only one such company that the city has been publicly committed in finding them a new home. Does anyone have an example of what a glass curtail wall looks like?

Archived