Soleil Center I & II at Crabtree

durham_rtp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that when Soleil went to convert reservations to hard deposits that not a single person went hard with purchasing a condo. Ie, they have not sold a single condo. I want to see this happen, but think now there is about a 5% chance this will actually happen. Perhaps they will scale back and just build the hotel?

The Koury Convention Center and Hotel in Greensboro is taller than the green weenie in Durham.

I heard that when Soleil went to convert reservations to hard deposits that not a single person went hard with purchasing a condo. Ie, they have not sold a single condo. I want to see this happen, but think now there is about a 5% chance this will actually happen. Perhaps they will scale back and just build the hotel?

I was told over the weekend that this thing is a go and that the foundation company is close to finished. COuld have misunderstood but bids are out for the subcontractors.

Who knows ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was told over the weekend that this thing is a go and that the foundation company is close to finished. COuld have misunderstood but bids are out for the subcontractors.

Who knows ?

I drive by there everyday and haven't seen anyone or thing moving in that construction site in over 4 weeks. And that is sad, for whatever there reasons are... :(

• 2 weeks later...

WRAL has a new article up on the Crabtree area and there's a blurb about Soleil in there:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3104385

Basically what we all already know, that development is stalled at the moment. Also the WRAL comments are kind of entertaining to read on this one, even though we all know that anything from WRAL commenters isn't always that reliable or sane. One in particular of a guy who knows a guy (yeah, I know, probably just bad information) in city government that said this project is pretty much never going to reach its ultimate finish line.

I go through cycles with Soleil. At first I was adamantly opposed to it, then I kind of accept it and was looking forward to a "second skyline", but now I'm back to doubt and slight opposition... which grows with every passing month.

Meh. :dontknow:

I sense a fiasco in the offing...no real signs of activity on site, and yet we are told about construction cams about to be activated...this sounds like the kind of smoke and mirrors talk you get from people who are about the default on their construction loans and have the whole house of cards collapse...

At first I was adamantly opposed to it, then I kind of accept it and was looking forward to a "second skyline"

I guess I'm rehashing, but we are not going to get a skyline at the mall. We are going to get a standalone tower outside of the city core. If people want to live there, more power to them, but this is a poorly planned (with respect to surrounding growth trends) Duke Tower in Raleigh. Our second skyline is already growing at North Hills (imo, a better planned project with access to a highway). I have no qualms about saying let it die or let it get reduced. That place is going to vacate so quickly after the first hurricane when their parking deck kills tens of cars in the first flood.

I wonder this: This is Urban Planet - I assume an active interest in urban growth. How many people on this board have A) considered a unit here, and B) have made a deposit.

I guess I'm rehashing, but we are not going to get a skyline at the mall. We are going to get a standalone tower outside of the city core. If people want to live there, more power to them, but this is a poorly planned (with respect to surrounding growth trends) Duke Tower in Raleigh. Our second skyline is already growing at North Hills (imo, a better planned project with access to a highway). I have no qualms about saying let it die or let it get reduced. That place is going to vacate so quickly after the first hurricane when their parking deck kills tens of cars in the first flood.

I wonder this: This is Urban Planet - I assume an active interest in urban growth. How many people on this board have A) considered a unit here, and B) have made a deposit.

I happen to live near this project. However from the cost that I see for the units, I couldn't afford one even if I wanted one. Which incase you may be wondering, I wouldn't want a highrise condo in that area. If i were to spend really good money for a high rise condo, it would have to be downtown, where you have much more of everything to choose from. :)

I have never considered living near Crabtree or 40 stories up, and certainly not the combonation of the two. Soleil on the site of the school/teachers whatever next to the Progress Energy Center would impact the money shot in an awesome way, plus the folks in that Soleil would be able to walk straight out to the Ballet or Symphony, random thought but its fairly wasted breath.

I noticed a listing for a $1mil unit at the Soleil Center while searching for Raleigh condos. This was the first time i've seen any of the condo units listed on MLS. There doesn't seem to be many units left for purchase. I guess this goes to prove that the project really is happening.

MLS Listing

I noticed a listing for a $1mil unit at the Soleil Center while searching for Raleigh condos. This was the first time i've seen any of the condo units listed on MLS. There doesn't seem to be many units left for purchase. I guess this goes to prove that the project really is happening.

Exterior Details

Architecture: Ranch

What? :lol:

On condos.com, they only list 12 units for sale. So, it is possible that they have sold 42 units. That is of course assuming that they are not releases units in phases.

not to sure, but I do know that they required a certain percentage presales before they were able to line up all of the financing that they needed and start construction, so my guess would be that they are at least 50-75% sold at this point.

MLS Listing

It doesn't prove anything. I'll point folks to units being on MLS for the stalled 630 North Street project as evidence. I'll believe Soleil is a go when I see people moving in. (Don't say you'll believe it when you see cranes, because they are numerous projects around the country--including two in Charlotte--stalled with construction cranes on site)

My guess is that they released the first batch of 12 units for sale. When WRAL did their story last week, why did the developers not respond? It been almost three years since they got approval, and still no definite word. Lot's of silence...

Archived