Louisiana Weather

richyb83

^Man, you've got it easy. I have to deal with those exact same people, only on the longest bridge in the world, and of course it's only two lanes. <_<

I'll never deny that. If I had to cross that Causeway everyday, I'd probably jump.

I'm not telling you to jump, but if you ever need a quick way out of the traffic...

Only if you can swim, though. I'd hate to give tragic advice!!!

I'll never deny that. If I had to cross that Causeway everyday, I'd probably jump.

I'm not telling you to jump, but if you ever need a quick way out of the traffic...

Only if you can swim, though. I'd hate to give tragic advice!!!

Yea you won't see me jumping into Lake Ponchartrain to escape traffic anytime soon, I think I can make it through alright. I've fallen into Lake Ponchartrain many times over the years, off of boats, piers, seawalls, or just jumped in as a dare. Not exactly the cleanest water around.

I don't think I've ever been across Lake Pontchartrain, but I have been across Lake Maurepas. Speaking of Lake Maurepas does bring up a funny story though. My mom said in Maurepas the kids used to go to school barefoot and didn't even go to school during hunting season.

Yea you won't see me jumping into Lake Ponchartrain to escape traffic anytime soon, I think I can make it through alright. I've fallen into Lake Ponchartrain many times over the years, off of boats, piers, seawalls, or just jumped in as a dare. Not exactly the cleanest water around.

Damn, dude, are you clumsy or what!? :lol:

I don't think I've ever been across Lake Pontchartrain, but I have been across Lake Maurepas. Speaking of Lake Maurepas does bring up a funny story though. My mom said in Maurepas the kids used to go to school barefoot and didn't even go to school during hunting season.

:rofl:

While I'd assume she was just joking, I wouldn't be surprised! The area around Lake Maurepas is much different from the area around Pontchartrain! Much different people... more city people around Pontchartrain while lots of deep-woods coon-@$$es around Maurepas!!

We built a house for some folks around Maurepas last year and they were some "interesting" folks, to put it mildly. Nice home, though!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Damn, dude, are you clumsy or what!? :lol:

Haha, hey, you would've fallen off the boat those times too, trust me. When you're going very fast out on a sailboat, and suddenly the "captain" decides to tack without telling the guy standing out on the bow, bad things happen. ;) And one of the other times I was sailing with someone who had no idea what he was doing, and to make a long story short, we ended up flipping the whole boat over in the middle of the lake. :lol:

Haha, hey, you would've fallen off the boat those times too, trust me. When you're going very fast out on a sailboat, and suddenly the "captain" decides to tack without telling the guy standing out on the bow, bad things happen. ;) And one of the other times I was sailing with someone who had no idea what he was doing, and to make a long story short, we ended up flipping the whole boat over in the middle of the lake. :lol:

Well, I can say I've fallen off a pier before... a public pier which had a 3' railing all the way around it. Long story short, I did fall OVER the 3' rail while trying to untangle my fishing line from a Cypress knee in the water, and I did have to swim my butt back to the bank. I've also fallen out of a boat on the same lake, when my uncle sent us flying into the trunk of a long-gone Cypress tree... which was sticking out of the water IN PLAIN VIEW and in gator-infested Cross Lake. I've never intentionally swam in that lake, but I have accidentally swam in that lake on a couple of occasions, obviously!

So yeah, I can't make fun of you. :D

The area around Lake Maurepas is much different from the area around Pontchartrain! Much different people...

I definitely know that. Denham Springs people are red-neck, but since the city is right on the side of Baton Rouge they are still like city people. When I went to school there, all they could focus on was hunting and fishing and their favorite phrase was "Vote yes for Pro Bass Shop". They also love the Rave movie theater and Raising Cane's. But some of the Livingston Parish teachers are a lot better than the Baton Rouge. <_<

I definitely know that. Denham Springs people are red-neck, but since the city is right on the side of Baton Rouge they are still like city people. When I went to school there, all they could focus on was hunting and fishing and their favorite phrase was "Vote yes for Pro Bass Shop". They also love the Rave movie theater and Raising Cane's. But some of the Livingston Parish teachers are a lot better than the Baton Rouge. <_<

I am obsessed with Rasing Cane's.

Aside from LSU, Raising Cane's is the next best thing to ever come out of Baton Rouge.

Damn I'm hungry. My wife is stopping at Sonic on the way home... had I thought about it, while she was over in Shreveport I would have had her swing through the Cane's drive-thru!

I'm getting a COLD SuperSonic Burger and COLD large tots!!

She actually went to a Sonic way out in south Shreveport rather than in Haughton, AND she's now stuck at the scene of an accident at I-20. I want my food!! :cry::cry:

And I have to settle for a steaming hot pot of Crawfish Etouffee! The horror! :D

Ah, but it's never the same. The microwave turns a fresh burger that's cold into a hot burger that looks and tastes like it's 3 days old.

You know, aside from myself, you're the first person I've ever heard say that!! Everyone else I know wonders what the hell I'm talking about when I say the microwave makes the food taste old... especially meat.

I didn't wind up nuking it. Thankfully for me, Sonic uses those foil wrappers so my burger stayed warm. My tots were lukewarm, though, but they were good anyway!

You know, aside from myself, you're the first person I've ever heard say that!! Everyone else I know wonders what the hell I'm talking about when I say the microwave makes the food taste old... especially meat.

Really? I've always thought that, I guess since I learned how to work a microwave. It has always seemed obvious to me!

We are getting some rare nightime showers coming from the southwest. Usually the showers die-off after sunset.

HEY ! I'm lovin' this tropical air...you can smell the gulf breeze comin' outta the south ! Today's high was only in the mid-80's today !

Edited by richyb83

^Scratch that...

I'm getting a COLD SuperSonic Burger and COLD large tots!!

She actually went to a Sonic way out in south Shreveport rather than in Haughton, AND she's now stuck at the scene of an accident at I-20. I want my food!! :cry::cry:

By the way, here's the article on that accident. Apparently it happened about 45-60 minutes after I passed through that area, but that's actually about the time I'm coming through there at least once every week on average.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/3416316.html

We are getting some rare nightime showers coming from the southwest. Usually the showers die-off after sunset.

HEY ! I'm lovin' this tropical air...you can smell the gulf breeze comin' outta the south ! Today's high was only in the mid-80's today !

The showers are very good. Just a couple of weeks ago, the lawn was so dry when you stepped on it, it crumbled.

Mid-80s!?!? I don't know what ours was, but I doubt it was THAT cool. Wow!!!

By the way, here's the article on that accident. Apparently it happened about 45-60 minutes after I passed through that area, but that's actually about the time I'm coming through there at least once every week on average.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/3416316.html

You hate to see anyone get killed due to reckless driving, especially an 18 year old "man" on a motorcycle. I guess that's another situation where your cold burger might not seem like that big of a deal anymore.

You hate to see anyone get killed due to reckless driving, especially an 18 year old "man" on a motorcycle. I guess that's another situation where your cold burger might not seem like that big of a deal anymore.

Certainly... especially when I think about the fact that my wife was just behind that. She could have been involved... it's a scary thought.