Louisiana Weather

richyb83

Hey man, speak for yourself! I went to....

.....alright I'm bored too. Whatever!

Well, too bad you're 6 hours away. I have about 4 Bud Selects left.

I bought a 6-pack last night, and lo and behold, my wife came home with one when she brought dinner home about 15 minutes later. I didn't think she'd think to get any, so I did... but then I discovered that she did. We chose the same beer AND bought it from the same store, just at different times.

Well, too bad you're 6 hours away. I have about 4 Bud Selects left.

I bought a 6-pack last night, and lo and behold, my wife came home with one when she brought dinner home about 15 minutes later. I didn't think she'd think to get any, so I did... but then I discovered that she did. We chose the same beer AND bought it from the same store, just at different times.

I'm drinking an ice cold cup of Jarritos Orange Soda. And man is it good! :D

That's alright. I think I'll join you. :alc: Just kidding. I took a sip of a beer once and :sick: .

Haha, I was the same way up until I was about 18 or so. I still only like beer and alcohol in general for occasional use, or a beer or two after a long day. You'll never find me drinking just to get drunk.

Wait, what am I saying. Dan, keep hating beer and don't even look at the stuff until you're 21! ;)

Haha, I was the same way up until I was about 18 or so. I still only like beer and alcohol in general for occasional use, or a beer or two after a long day. You'll never find me drinking just to get drunk.

Wait, what am I saying. Dan, keep hating beer and don't even look at the stuff until you're 21! ;)

:rofl:

It's an acquired taste. Once you're of age and you're at social events, it'll grow on you.

But until then, Kool-Aid is awesome. :D

:rofl:

It's an acquired taste. Once you're of age and you're at social events, it'll grow on you.

But until then, Kool-Aid is awesome. :D

I'm not really much of a Kool-Aid person either. I'm somewhat of a picky eater. All my friend at school think I don't eat much, but the thing is I just that I can't shovel that horrible stuff into my mouth. :sick: I do know about acquired tastes though. I used to hate licorice. Then one day my dad brought home a pack and I would eat it because I liked the chewy texture, but only one a day because I didn't like the taste. Then over time, I would started to like the tatse and now I can eat a whole pack.

I'm not really much of a Kool-Aid person either. I'm somewhat of a picky eater. All my friend at school think I don't eat much, but the thing is I just that I can't shovel that horrible stuff into my mouth. :sick: I do know about acquired tastes though. I used to hate licorice. Then one day my dad brought home a pack and I would eat it because I liked the chewy texture, but only one a day because I didn't like the taste. Then over time, I would started to like the tatse and now I can eat a whole pack.

Hey dude, I can understand the picky eating thing... there are LOTS of things I won't eat, and much of the junk they served at school I wouldn't eat.

Anyway, I still hate licorice. :lol: The only time I like it is when it's in that candy called Good N Plenty. :D

Yeah and I'm supposed to be leaving for the beach tommorrow. They say we will have 60-70% rain chances thru at least Wednesday. There is alot of deep tropical moisture coming out of the Gulf. I didn't wanna get too sunburned anyway. :mellow:

What beach are you going to, Richy?

I am going to Gulf Shores Alabama. With the Summer ending in a few weeks it wasn't easy finding somewhere to stay. And almost everywhere the $prices are jacked-up with insurance coverage.

Oh Gulf Shores, beautiful area. I've never been much of a beach kind of guy, but I've always liked Mobile and the entire Alabama coast. Enjoy the beach, man! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nate. The beach thing is not what it used to be. I do not go every year like in the past. The sun just seems nastier these days.

If time and weather allows, I would like to see all the new development going on in Covington. I would hope not to get stuck in too much traffic on Hwy.190 ? If not, I do want to check it out sometime soon.

Oh Gulf Shores, beautiful area. I've never been much of a beach kind of guy, but I've always liked Mobile and the entire Alabama coast. Enjoy the beach, man!

If time and weather allows, I would like to see all the new development going on in Covington. I would hope not to get stuck in too much traffic on Hwy.190 ? If not, I do want to check it out sometime soon.

If you drive through Covington tommorow morning, you'll be in a lot of traffic, but I doubt you'll actually get stuck in it. Morning traffic usually moves pretty smoothly compared to evening traffic. If you really want to check out Covington, I can give you a route that will take you down Hwy. 21, through downtown Covington, and onto 190 which will bring you back to I-12. That will add about 10-15 minutes to your drive, but it's worth it if you want to check out the new developments around Covington. :thumbsup:

Awesome!!! Have fun in Gulf Shores and take lots of photos for us, man!
Thanks yall. I sure will. I hope the sun will be out some of the time to take better pics. I'm looking forward to seeing RSA Tower in Mobile.

Gulf Shores, and esp. Orange Beach really suprised me with all the high-rises.

If you drive through Covington tommorow morning, you'll be in a lot of traffic, but I doubt you'll actually get stuck in it. Morning traffic usually moves pretty smoothly compared to evening traffic. If you really want to check out Covington, I can give you a route that will take you down Hwy. 21, through downtown Covington, and onto 190 which will bring you back to I-12. That will add about 10-15 minutes to your drive, but it's worth it if you want to check out the new developments around Covington.

Thanks for that route Nate.

Thanks for that route Nate.

Here's the route on a map, I know it's not exactly perfect, but I put it together pretty fast. :D

richymapthroughcovington1df9.png

The blue line is the route you would take, and the big red area is the giant new Target shopping center, if you want to check that out.

And as you can see...I'm a Tom Petty fan. :lol:

Morning traffic usually moves pretty smoothly compared to evening traffic.

Man, ain't that the truth. Even here it's the same. I guess in the mornings, people don't want to get to work so they just leave whenever they can; but in the evenings, EVERYONE wants to get home so they all hit the door running at 5:00.

I actually called my wife on her cell while on my way home today to ask her if they were evacuating Shreveport. I don't know what the deal was... rush hour in the evenings is never fun, but today was undoubtedly the absolute worst traffic I've ever driven through Shreveport-Bossier in. I-49 was a breeze compared to I-20, and it didn't even slack off until I was in Haughton. Then, at least, I could stop riding my brake and get back up to 80 where I'm comfortable. I think everyone was certainly ready to get home today!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy