Louisiana Weather

richyb83

:offtopic: Speaking of Dallas, I'm going to Dallas in on week. :yahoo: Also these little emoticons are so funny.

:lol: enjoying the emoticons a little much are we, Dan?

Are you going to be taking I-49 to Shreveport and then I-20 over or are you going through Houston?

Dallas is a really cool place... TONS to do... and TONS of people!!

It's because of the radar location. Shreveport is almost out of that image. I've seen that happen before. If you'll notice, Montgomery, AL, isn't listed either but it's on the map (where the 2 interstates converge in the middle-right of the picture.)

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't even notice Montgomery wasn't labeled, I normally just identify it where I-65 and I-85 meet.

Are you going to be taking I-49 to Shreveport and then I-20 over or are you going through Houston?

I would guess he's going I-49 and then I-20, only because I-10 all the way over to Houston and then I-45 all the way up from there to Dallas is quite a few extra miles. Though it's probably an awesome driving trip.

I would guess he's going I-49 and then I-20, only because I-10 all the way over to Houston and then I-45 all the way up from there to Dallas is quite a few extra miles. Though it's probably an awesome driving trip.

Nope. I'm taking a plane. This is going to be a fun trip, but the day after I get back I have to start school. :(

Are you going to Six Flags?

I don't know. I'm going to some kind of youth convention and haven't gotten any real details. I hope we're going to Six Flags though. You can tell I'm still a kid though, as I don't see what much there is to do in a city if there isn't a theme park with roller coatsers. :P

Nope. I'm taking a plane. This is going to be a fun trip, but the day after I get back I have to start school. :(

A plane huh? Great! Enjoy the trip!

But on another note...when do you guys start school again? Most of the public schools in Saint Tammany start on August 14th.

^:lol: Yeah I think we were both just surprised to hear you were flying up there is all, since you're just going from Louisiana to Texas... but you are going from Baton Rouge to Dallas, which is about 7 hours by car. Flying gives you much more time to actually enjoy the city, rather than being rushed so you can have time to drive back.

Very cool, man, enjoy yourself in the "Big D!"

Still pouring... :D

But here is some good news for SE Louisiana, as of last tuesday our drought severity was downgraded one level, and will probably be even lower this coming tuesday after all of the rain we've been getting over the last few days. Though it looks like NW Louisiana is now even more severe than we are.

palmer_drought_720x486.jpg

Not a drop for us today. :dontknow: Good to see your area putting a big-time dent in the drought Nate. This frontal system is just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup: BTW the there is a good chance of rain for south Louisiana thru Wednesday. A tropical wave will be moving into Texas by Tuesday. The NHC could actually fly a plane into the system in the Bay of Campeche tommorrow if needed ?

Edited by richyb83

Oh nothing at all, planes are awesome. Will you be flying out of Baton Rouge or New Orleans?

I'm flying out of Baton Rouge.

Yeah I think we were both just surprised to hear you were flying up there is all, since you're just going from Louisiana to Texas

Well, my grandmother is taking me. If it were my parents, we would have driven.

^Oh I gotcha. I've never even been to the Baton Rouge airport, I'll need to go further up I-110 soon just so I can see it.

Not a drop for us today. :dontknow:

Wow, really? I guess we were finally on the recieving end of one of those "hit or miss" showers here in west Saint Tammany. We got around 2.5 inches of rain today, and we've had nearly 5 inches over the last 2 1/2 days. :D

^Oh I gotcha. I've never even been to the Baton Rouge airport, I'll need to go further up I-110 soon just so I can see it.

Wow, really? I guess we were finally on the recieving end of one of those "hit or miss" showers here in west Saint Tammany. We got around 2.5 inches of rain today, and we've had nearly 5 inches over the last 2 1/2 days. :D

It was sunny and hot here again today.

Except inside the botanical garden of the Barnwell Center. I was in there for less than 1 minute when I began to sweat. After 15 minutes in there taking pictures, my shirt was drenched. That's not too bad, considering when I was outside I was climbing over about a 30" high wall when I ripped my blue jeans at the crotch. Right there in public. In front of people. People I don't know. People who saw me do it. People who pointed and laughed until I ran to my car red-faced and bawling my eyes out. Okay, that part didn't really happen; but I did really rip my jeans at the crotch in front of lots of people. :wacko:

It was sunny and hot here again today.

Except inside the botanical garden of the Barnwell Center. I was in there for less than 1 minute when I began to sweat. After 15 minutes in there taking pictures, my shirt was drenched. That's not too bad, considering when I was outside I was climbing over about a 30" high wall when I ripped my blue jeans at the crotch. Right there in public. In front of people. People I don't know. People who saw me do it. People who pointed and laughed until I ran to my car red-faced and bawling my eyes out. Okay, that part didn't really happen; but I did really rip my jeans at the crotch in front of lots of people. :wacko:

:rofl:

Well, you might as well never go outside again!

Well, you might as well never go outside again!

:lol:

I'm going to patch up the crotch and get right back out there. And I'm gonna show those people!! You know, those people who won't be there anymore because they've got better things to be doing than waiting for me to come back and 'show' them...

:lol:

I'm going to patch up the crotch and get right back out there. And I'm gonna show those people!! You know, those people who won't be there anymore because they've got better things to be doing than waiting for me to come back and 'show' them...

Well, you don't know that. Maybe those people work for a company that follow's people around and allow themselves to be "shown." They might all be outside of your house right now, just waiting.

Well, you don't know that. Maybe those people work for a company that follow's people around and allow themselves to be "shown." They might all be outside of your house right now, just waiting.

Well, I can definitely say they may be nearby but they're not outside my house. My desk sits up against a side wall and my the front window in this room is to my left with the blinds open. All I can see out there are my neighbors' houses... no people.

Unless they're wearing camo. They COULD be wearing camo. They may even have cameras mounted to the backs of the dragonflies that keep zipping by my window.

Or even still, those dragonflies could be paid assassins... paid for by NATE... waiting to

"whack" me when I step outside.

I'm not falling for your clever tricks, Nate... :ph34r:

Or even still, those dragonflies could be paid assassins... paid for by NATE... waiting to

"whack" me when I step outside.

I'm not falling for your clever tricks, Nate... :ph34r:

:o

:whistling:

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None.