Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Although I'm by no means an expert, the reason is fairly simple. If you are comparing this to 55W remember they have a parking component that hasn't really had much work done on it yet. Dynetech is built on 9 floors of parking, each has to be built using stick framing and then gets poured out which is extremely time consuming. Once they hit floor 9 they will switch to table forms which will be built off site, trucked in, and hoisted to the appropriate location (see: The Vue).

Although I'm by no means an expert, the reason is fairly simple. If you are comparing this to 55W remember they have a parking component that hasn't really had much work done on it yet. Dynetech is built on 9 floors of parking, each has to be built using stick framing and then gets poured out which is extremely time consuming. Once they hit floor 9 they will switch to table forms which will be built off site, trucked in, and hoisted to the appropriate location (see: The Vue).

orlandonative,

Pardon the FNG question, but I notice that now most of the form load is being carried by trussing with only special areas being supported with a 'custom' 4x4 bracing scheme. I noticed a four legged tower system over at 55 or Paramount. Do they only have those systems in heights that most floors will be? Seems to go up quicker than 4x4's with what ever those overlap locks are called.

Archived