Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play on South Beach as well. THat middle photo-- I've driven by there a few times. that's cool how the foilage covered it all up.

seriously, though, Dynetech's garage is a diamond compared to the Solaire garage. Kuhn is so cheap. I hope the City actually fines him to do something about it.

I disagree. Yeah, tall skyscrapers are cool, but from the renderings, I don't think 367' is too stumpy for this design in particular. This will be a 367' building that still maintains some grace and elegance. Solaire on the other hand...

(gags)

I still mourn the original renderings with the integrated parking garage and the slight outward taper towards the bottom of the building...(for Solaire, that is)...that was a design that took advantage of height limitations much better than what we ended up with. 367' doesn't necessarily --> stumpy. Bad design --> stumpy.

Getting close.

Those stairs are for the garage. They most likely have erected them to keep from getting shut down by the city until the buck shows up on site. Bucks are essential for large buildings. A lot of times if you have a couple one is designated for nothing but trash removal.

So I'm driving down I-4 today and as I am coming up over the Princeton interchange, I could see Dynetech. The average driver probably didn't notice and I hope I didn't go over the lines and scare my fellow commuters as I admired the ever so small, yet significant steel reaching skyward.

Archived