CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Sad to see that Toby Keith's bailed out, but reading that article, it certainly doesn't sound like it would have been a good thing. Lawsuits and unpaid taxes? Down from 14 to 6 locations?

Yeah, that doesn't sound good for the business as a whole. I'm surprised there were a few new locations coming, but maybe those are in states where they haven't caused trouble yet. LOL.

I kind of wish that this is where the Cheesecake Factory would go instead of at Haywood Mall. And, yes, I know there's CF haters here, but it just seems like it would fit in better as a "destination" restaurant in a zone that's more geared toward dining and entertainment.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Galley said:

Does anyone know why the Marathon station on Woodruff Rd. at Roper Mtn. Rd. closed this week?  I inquired to the Greenville Journal thinking CubeSmart bought the property, but they didn't find any property transfers. 

I saw a CubeSmart sign that said "coming soon". It was put up between Marathon and the lot with construction going on. 

Edited by miller

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, NBNY2GRNVL said:

That's a good match for the movie theater and Dave and Busters. If they put just a few more entertainment venues out there it would be pretty cool maybe a modern bowling alley or something might work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The area could definitely use a nice one...and one that doesn't allow smoking...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Wow...please enlighten us with details....TIA

Going in half of the Toby Keith's space next to the movie theater. 

40 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

The area could definitely use a nice one...and one that doesn't allow smoking...

One is coming to that area very soon. ;) It won't be at Magnolia Park but still very close. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, Jet-set said:

Marathon station has been almost completely dismantled. 

Looks like It will be replaced with small retail shops at corner of Woodruff and Roper Mountain.

https://www.collettre.com/properties/woodruff-road-and-roper-mountain-road-1001-woodruff-road-greenville-sc-29607

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...