T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

why do they need 2 walmarts? people there are apparently too lazy to go to bald hill rd.

Ya know what I say..Bring it on!! The more the mayor and the residents fight the airport expansion the more stress there will be.....Think about it... the housing market is soooooo bad right now...the smart thing for the residents (the ones affected by the route 37 "storm" and the airport expansion) would be to SELL!!!!!!!!! to the airport or Carpionato! Just get on with it allready!!!!!!!! :o

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know what I say..Bring it on!! The more the mayor and the residents fight the airport expansion the more stress there will be.....Think about it... the housing market is soooooo bad right now...the smart thing for the residents (the ones affected by the route 37 "storm" and the airport expansion) would be to SELL!!!!!!!!! to the airport or Carpionato! Just get on with it allready!!!!!!!! :o

So you would buy a house near the airport? Or would you be happy that those houses would be bought and moved? Anyways, welcome to the forum.

So you would buy a house near the airport? Or would you be happy that those houses would be bought and moved? Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the Welcome!!!

I did buy a house near the airport..and have many REGRETS!!!!!

yes....I would be happy if the houses were bought!

Sounds to me like the FAA is working on ways for the runway extension to be a win win for everyone including Warwick. if the FAA can incorporate (and fund) things like a much needed Rt 37 extension which can allow for compatable/commercial development (more tax base for Warwick) then everyone really can win.

Sounds to me like the FAA is working on ways for the runway extension to be a win win for everyone including Warwick. if the FAA can incorporate (and fund) things like a much needed Rt 37 extension which can allow for compatable/commercial development (more tax base for Warwick) then everyone really can win.

I totally agree....I can't see how anyone can lose!

i don't really care about the sign so long as the flight attendants still say "welcome to providence" when the plane lands. though avedesian is a bit of a baby if you ask me.

True...that and the airline city listings are what counts. Imagine instead of flying from Pittsburgh to Providence people will say "Allegany" to "Warwick" ! :lol:

I blame the Governor (not an ally of PVD) and his chairperson of the RIAC - Dr. Hunter (from Warwick). The sign will be changed if the right person is elected the next Governor.

I remember being on a plane and when we landed the flight attendant said "Welcome to Providence". A guy yelled out, " We are in Warwick!"

To which another person said "What the hell is Warwick? Its Providence dude".

Lots of people were laughing and cheering.

I have not been on a plane in a couple of months, but will be next week. I am excited to see the changes.

I remember being on a plane and when we landed the flight attendant said "Welcome to Providence". A guy yelled out, " We are in Warwick!"

To which another person said "What the hell is Warwick? Its Providence dude".

Lots of people were laughing and cheering.

I have not been on a plane in a couple of months, but will be next week. I am excited to see the changes.

that's freakin' hilarious!

Well the rest of you skeptics may laugh, but apparently Mr. Avedisian can consider his mayorship productive & successful now. I'm glad he's been able to effect such great changes in our little corner of the world, and I hope he's happy now that the full harvest of his labors is coming in.

Now that's a progressive mayor for you.

How many people flying into T.F. Green are traveling to Warwick, vs. Providence? Providence is clearly the destination. It's bad advertising for the airport to call out Warwick on the signage.

I traveled through TFG this past weekend, and everything was a breeze as usual. Moved quickly through baggage check, security, and bagage claim on the way home. I noticed the new ramp for arrivals, so that you don't walk through the main gate area to get to baggage claim - clears up any congestion that might occur.

How many people flying into T.F. Green are traveling to Warwick, vs. Providence? Providence is clearly the destination. It's bad advertising for the airport to call out Warwick on the signage.

Answer...none.

I urge everyone to write to the RIAC (copy Governor and Avedesian) and and complain about this immature and so poorly thought out decision. Oh, there will be laughter and "Where?" heard often. So embarrassing.

Does this board have any aviation or travel experience, have any concept of metropolitan area, major city destinations? Do they realize Warwick is a suburb of Providence? They absolutley squandered a huge opportunity to take advantage of Providence's national recognition so as to please the mayor (1 month after Hittner -of Warwick- was appointed chairperson). The whole airport should be full of Providence symbols.

Imagine airports in Baltimore, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati (to name a few) telling people they arrived in Hanover, Kenner, Findlay, and Hebron (KY) !! Laughable.

Warwick disputes FAA study on longer runway. The city is again blasting the Federal Aviation Administration over its plans to expand the main runway at T.F. Green Airport, saying the agency used flawed methodology in calculating how long a runway is needed to fly planes nonstop to the West coast.

Archived