• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

PROJO: "New director selected to run Green"

http://www.projo.com/news/content/bz_dillo...90.295b771.html

PBN: "RIAC names new director for T.F. Green"

http://www.pbn.com/stories/29234.html

One obstacle to a full expansion at Green and an indentification with PVD is the appointment of a Warwick resident as Chairperson of RIAC by the Governor - a consession to the Mayor. Need a Governor from Providence!

One obstacle to a full expansion at Green and an indentification with PVD is the appointment of a Warwick resident as Chairperson of RIAC by the Governor - a consession to the Mayor. Need a Governor from Providence!

i didn't see anywhere that said this guy lived in warwick.... not to mention if he does, he hasn't been here that long.

I do find it funny that the manchester and green airport directors traded places.

i didn't see anywhere that said this guy lived in warwick.... not to mention if he does, he hasn't been here that long.

I do find it funny that the manchester and green airport directors traded places.

I wasn't referring to the Director...the Chairwoman (Hittner) of the Board.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PROJO: "Dillon takes over at T.F. Green Airport"

"Kevin A. Dillon, the new director of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation, moved into his office at T.F. Green Airport yesterday. Dillon arrives at a time of declining passenger traffic at Green Airport and financial strain for many air carriers, which are struggling with rising jet fuel prices. The airport started this year by recording its lowest January passenger tally in the past four years. For all of last year, it moved 5.02 million passengers, down 3.5 percent from 2006, which followed a 9-percent drop the year before. Dillon has promised to quickly begin an effort to reverse those trends. In an interview with The Providence Journal last month, he said he would push for the speedy lengthening of the runway, compete for new carriers and solicit support from Rhode Island businesses. In other states, businesses have committed to buying a minimum of tickets to encourage an airline to begin service.

Also at T.F. Green, Patti Goldstein, the vice president of public affairs and air service marketing, is heading to a conference in San Diego, Calif., to persuade air carriers to expand or establish service in Rhode Island. The Network USA 2008 conference begins March 2.

PROJO: "Dillon takes over at T.F. Green Airport"

"Kevin A. Dillon, the new director of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation, moved into his office at T.F. Green Airport yesterday. Dillon arrives at a time of declining passenger traffic at Green Airport and financial strain for many air carriers, which are struggling with rising jet fuel prices. The airport started this year by recording its lowest January passenger tally in the past four years. For all of last year, it moved 5.02 million passengers, down 3.5 percent from 2006, which followed a 9-percent drop the year before. Dillon has promised to quickly begin an effort to reverse those trends. In an interview with The Providence Journal last month, he said he would push for the speedy lengthening of the runway, compete for new carriers and solicit support from Rhode Island businesses. In other states, businesses have committed to buying a minimum of tickets to encourage an airline to begin service.

Also at T.F. Green, Patti Goldstein, the vice president of public affairs and air service marketing, is heading to a conference in San Diego, Calif., to persuade air carriers to expand or establish service in Rhode Island. The Network USA 2008 conference begins March 2.

• 4 weeks later...

PROJO: "Couple to offer bus route from Cape to R.I."

http://www.projo.com/business/content/BZ_C...34.2a51fb2.html

This is pretty interesting and a service I might actually end up using. Last fall I was considering taking a day trip to Hyannis, using Bonanza, the schedule allowed me 20 minutes in Hyannis before I had to return, the cost for 2 round trips was more than a rental car, and the round trip travel time was more than 4 hours (I can drive to the Cape in 45 minutes). 20 minutes does not a day trip make. I ended up just not going.

Looking at the CapeX service, I could spend 6 hours in Hyannis before I had to return. However, these buses do not go to Hyannis, they stop at the Park n' Ride in Barnstable, but the CCRTA shuttle may line up to make the gap.

Also, without taking the time to consult schedules, this could provide a good link from Providence to the Fast Ferry from New Bedford to the Vineyard, though an earlier Providence departure would be preferred. Currently, when I take the ferry out of New Bedford I use a car service to get to and from there.

http://www.capedestinations.com/survey_tfgexpress.html

this is a link to the schedules. I also got word that the 5:30am TF Green bus will indeed stop in Providence (Providence Station) on the way to the Cape to offer a full day on the Cape.

Warwick Beacon article added on 3/37/08:

http://warwickonline.com/warwickonline/ind...1&Itemid=30

I need to start taking some vacation days before I lose them in July.

Jeez I hate that. An employer should be willing to allow an employee to accumulate at least two weeks of vacation time to use at any time that he/she wants. My employer allows workers to carry over from year to year 11 weeks ( 440 hours ) of vacation time to use at any time. At time of retirement, this time is payable in cash. :)

Jeez I hate that. An employer should be willing to allow an employee to accumulate at least two weeks of vacation time to use at any time that he/she wants. My employer allows workers to carry over from year to year 11 weeks ( 440 hours ) of vacation time to use at any time. At time of retirement, this time is payable in cash. :)

you work for the state, don't you? ;)

Archived