Louisiana Boardwalk

He truly does dream big, and I have to say he's become my hero. I don't normally idolize people, but John Good and I (and you even) seem to have very similar visions for Shreveport-Bossier.

As far as the hotel, maybe someone can answer that. I don't remember. I haven't been down to the Boardwalk in months so I'm not sure if they've even broken ground yet.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can appreciate the enthusiasm and vision you all have for SBC and the La.Boardwalk. Yall keep coming up with those great ideas and being persistent, somebody's bound to pay attention(maybe Good himself?). I am happy yall have a visionary like John Good to help take SBC to the next level!

Keep up the great work :thumbsup: Thanks for the updates.

It's smaller than the stores in cities like Dallas, Houston, Charlotte, etc. It's the "medium size" store that's becoming more common. For example the store in Oklahoma City, which was built about the same time as this store, is very similar in size and design.

The store in Springfield, MO is by far the largest... at I believe 300-350,000 sq. ft. ? I know the stores in Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte, etc are about 200,000 and the one in Houston is about 150,000 sq. ft. The store in Baton Rouge will be yet another new design and will be about 120,000-130,000 sq. ft.

• 2 weeks later...

^I missed that brieft mention too in the Times. Must have been from Tuesday. Since that link doesn't work here's what was mentioned:

"Louisiana Boardwalk is a step closer to a new hotel with an official groundbreaking for the Boardwalk Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

The groundbreaking, which will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, is open to the public.

Archived