Louisiana Boardwalk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see that two(?) years later the Boardwalk (despite a little turnover) is still piling on new tenants. It shouldn't be too long before they're out of space and have to start building more.

We can only hope...

By the way, hello group. I feel I've neglected this place... I still love it here and I do read regularly. I just never stop to post... I need to start back. So.... HELLO!!! (and goodbye for now...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the word of closings, I closed Cajun Coffee House.

I am up to my elbows in Villaggio and I have little time for much else. CCH was doing well, but the friday-saturday crowd was not enough to make the store worth the extra effort. Monday thru Thursday is dead at the LB. So as much as I hated it, I closed Cajun Coffee House at the Louisiana Boardwalk. I do hope to reopen it in a couple of years (not at boardwalk).

On the word of closings, I closed Cajun Coffee House.

I am up to my elbows in Villaggio and I have little time for much else. CCH was doing well, but the friday-saturday crowd was not enough to make the store worth the extra effort. Monday thru Thursday is dead at the LB. So as much as I hated it, I closed Cajun Coffee House at the Louisiana Boardwalk. I do hope to reopen it in a couple of years (not at boardwalk).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Smartest decision Funny Bone has ever made. I was actually coming here to post on this same subject... I'm overjoyed. I hated to see the Red River District be such a failure, but damn... Bossier just continues to show Shreveport up. To me it's no longer a friendly competition between cities... it's a real serious problem. When the big fish in the pond (Shreveport) keeps losing out to the little fish continuously, it's truly cause for alarm.

Yeah, I can't deny, the Boardwalk is a MUCH better location, but i hate to see them leave the Shreveport side of the river. Maybe this will be turn out to be a blessing in disguise, so to speak, as it may really bring some thought and energy into redeveloping S'port's side of the downtown.

The only downside in terms of the Funny Bone moving (and this is just my view) is that it eliminates an entertainment (location) option... what i mean is, before you could go to the FB and then drive over to the LB. now everything is at one location... it makes it convenient, but who wants the LB to turn into a one-stop place for entertainment (i just like having a variety of places to hang out at)?

The only downside in terms of the Funny Bone moving (and this is just my view) is that it eliminates an entertainment (location) option... what i mean is, before you could go to the FB and then drive over to the LB. now everything is at one location... it makes it convenient, but who wants the LB to turn into a one-stop place for entertainment (i just like having a variety of places to hang out at)?

You know, 99% of the time I avoid The Times forums like the plague. Like the other Gannett newspaper forums they are filled with racism and just downright stupidity. But in response to this article someone did actually say something that made me laugh: "Shreveport, one of the last original cities along the Red River, closed its doors Sunday and will open later this month in Bossier."

You've got to admit that's pretty funny given the situation.

By the way did you notice the expansion plans? I admit I only skimmed the article before but now that I've read it, I love it! An excerpt:

Slow business in the district isn't the only reason The Funny Bone has chosen to move. The comedy club plans to expand its entertainment offerings by moving into the Boardwalk space previously occupied by King Pinz and then Meatballs. The new comedy club will be divided into two sections. Half of the club will feature a dueling piano bar as well as comedy shows, and the other side will have eight bowling lanes, an SEC sports bar and another game area.

By the way did you notice the expansion plans? I admit I only skimmed the article before but now that I've read it, I love it! An excerpt:

An SEC sports bar!? HELL YES! Reopening the bowling alley? HELL YES! Dueling pianos bar? Anyone remember when Wallbanger's was supposed to open in the Boardwalk in the beginning but opened in Portland, OR instead? A dueling pianos bar is long overdue in the Boardwalk.

Good for them... bring it on!

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I can't deny, the Boardwalk is a MUCH better location, but i hate to see them leave the Shreveport side of the river. Maybe this will be turn out to be a blessing in disguise, so to speak, as it may really bring some thought and energy into redeveloping S'port's side of the downtown.

Archived