Louisiana Boardwalk

• 1 month later...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, there are a myriad of directions I would love to see them go. I would love to see a music store/Apple store, but i don't know if it's just me, but i would love for them to step up their men's clothing stable. I would love to see a Kenneth Cole store, a J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, and/or Hilfiger... something along those lines.

^The article mentions the vacant land north of the Bass Pro Shops, and alludes to a possible expansion:

"There is a lot of interest right now and that's a good thing," Tromba said. "As the demand increases, we will try to find ways to accommodate them."

Land has been purchased north of the Boardwalk's first tenant Bass Pro Shops, and a 125-room Courtyard Marriott is preparing to build on an open plot. Openings are being planned for new tenants that include a Bath & Body Works Outlet, O'Brien's Irish Pub and The Donut Factory.

I'm glad the Boardwalk is so successful. I think we can expect to see more coming to Bossier's riverfront.

^The article mentions the vacant land north of the Bass Pro Shops, and alludes to a possible expansion:

"There is a lot of interest right now and that's a good thing," Tromba said. "As the demand increases, we will try to find ways to accommodate them."

Land has been purchased north of the Boardwalk's first tenant Bass Pro Shops, and a 125-room Courtyard Marriott is preparing to build on an open plot. Openings are being planned for new tenants that include a Bath & Body Works Outlet, O'Brien's Irish Pub and The Donut Factory.

I'm glad the Boardwalk is so successful. I think we can expect to see more coming to Bossier's riverfront.

Finally is right, Dan the Man! Hopefully this is the beginning of many new developments. I know the neighborhood surrounding the Boardwalk is bad, but they need to work that out somehow and get some residential development going down there.

Not that the Boardwalk really needs it to be successful... it's a huge hit already... but it would make the Boardwalk a more 24-hour type of place. Then add a 24-Hour fitness center to the mix (like they'd originally planned.)

Adding a residential component to the Boardwalk area seems like the next logical step in my opinion. We've already seen that Good appreciates mixed use from his awesome Villagio project. I remember the original plan was to develop the Boardwalk in phases. Maybe they're still planning the 24-hour fitness center, marina and funicular, but they're all part of later phases. Since there's land to expand, the potential is endless, and I think John Good dreams big. He wants to take Shreveport/Bossier to the next level.

When are they starting construction on the hotel again?

Archived