201 twenty-one progress

tuffsim

Very effective negotiating. So, where are you moving to escape being an oppressed and over-charged tenant?

Just have to find someone that bought before the mania, that wants a tenant.

But on the flip side, even if they do raise the rents a few bucks... it beats owning!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Building visionary lifestyle" claims the heading of the website. Some corporation with dreams of huge returns for the already rich investors at the loss of the young people who won't be able to save for their own retirement, trying to keep dry and warm. The company has manufactured a fake plastic lifestyle. Look at the plastic people in the photos. Pre-manufactured life for the consumers. Not people, consumers. A resource for the human resource department. No soul.

Oh, and the floorplan link doesn't work.

Oh, and the floorplan link doesn't work.

IT WORKS WHEN I CLICK IT....lol...lol.......maybe it only works for us plastic people :(

Are you on a Windows system using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I tried it on an Apple Macintosh with Firefox and it did not work.

Okay, I revisited it. I didn't see them down there. The layout is full of fail :-)

No size numbers..... feet/inches missing from the floor plans. The layout thing is definitely cute though.

For instance, two bed two bath + den. The doors eat up the whole wall. I can see that the bathroom is tight too based on the doors almost hitting each other. Looks like house rentals and townhome rentals from private folks would offer a *much* better deal for the money. Just guessing from the sizes and imagining spaces based on doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hoping for nicer looking cornices along the lines of belmont/freemson. This project is good overall, but a nicer cornice would add a little nicer decorative element to the overall design.

Looks like that bizarre surreal look you see with all this modern construction. You know what I'm talking about? It's like the goal is to look real good, but you can tell that it's not. Kind of like a Disney World or theme park prop. Same with the Newport News center, and same with other new areas. Does anyone else experience this? Maybe it's because it's too perfect and new?

I think that is the apartment building. Had a friend that lived there. He said the noise isolation wasn't good, and a bunch of things were messed up (even though it's new construction). There was all sorts of issues with the construction (water damage? I forget what the issue was). Said that the mgmt company told everyone they were raising rents to cover the losses from the shoddy construction. This guy was a young MBA and thought he was already paying too much. Moved out of downtown and moved to the Greenbriar area in Chesapeake. Said everyone was leaving except the young kids who's parents are paying their way (kids from wealthy families who don't really care since it's not their money). Pretty fascinating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember where the thread was, but site work has begun at the Oyster Point Bank lot near Bristol.

:huh: I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about honestly. I don't recall us having a thread for a bank. Was this recent?

:huh: I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about honestly. I don't recall us having a thread for a bank. Was this recent?

I don't know of a thread on it, but I know where he is talking about. It's kind of near the old Crook & Neff office, Wendy's, etc.

I saw the sign (and it opened up a door j/j). I couldn't help but think "I wonder if banks are born asking for bailout money these days."

When is 201 supposed to open up and help hurt the rental market more? I saw Katsias (who is cool, btw) is handling the retail spaces.

I don't know of a thread on it, but I know where he is talking about. It's kind of near the old Crook & Neff office, Wendy's, etc.

I saw the sign (and it opened up a door j/j). I couldn't help but think "I wonder if banks are born asking for bailout money these days."

When is 201 supposed to open up and help hurt the rental market more? I saw Katsias (who is cool, btw) is handling the retail spaces.

The thought the entire front and side was lined with retail space, but it seems to be only the front. Was I reading the graphic incorrectly?

The thought the entire front and side was lined with retail space, but it seems to be only the front. Was I reading the graphic incorrectly?

I thought I saw a bank in 201, and two other spaces that could be subdivided. Go to www.katsias.com, under avail properties, office, and there should be a PDF there with the dox on the retail space.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks good, for some reason though, I cannot picture where this building is located on 21st. Some shots of it in context to its surroundings would be nice.

It's more towards 21st street. It's next to The Boot, and across from a consignment shop I believe, as well as a shopping center. Kind of near ihop, but on the opposite side of 21st.

Archived